•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BHTR
    • Apr 2017
    • United States

Taking of funds and blackmail

I have made a big mistake, I took money from my company that I work for. but I did not simply take the money for my own expenses, I need it as I was pressured by someone who threatening me to exposed my naked photo online.
    I was clueless and go blank eye that I took the company money.

I have admitted my wrongdoing to the management and I immediately has been removed from the position and made a writing confession to the management of all my wrongdoing and promised that once I got a job and financially stable I will pay all the money back to the management.

as until now,i am not working and still looking for a job and not financially stable and the person who keep threatening me to exposed my photo is also on the hunt asking for money to give to him.

what should I do? I don't want to go to police as I am ashamed of myself and where do I stand on the agreement.

as mentioned on the agreement that I agree to pay once I got the job and pay back to them. but until now i do not have a job and the management doesn't want to compromise anymore and threatened to take legal action on me.

please help me how to sort this out. Any solutions? I am not trying not to pay but I don't have any job yet how am I going to pay and live my own life.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Taking of funds and blackmail

I wish to inform you that if someone was demanding money from you the that is violation of law and person may be held liable for blackmail. As regards taking funds from your employer you are liable to your employer as you have taken funds and have not returned. You may report matter to law enforcement agency as they may deal with criminal offence by other party.

AFF

Comment

• Unregistered

You should make all efforts possible to resolve the financial part of this before the company files charges,
      It is true that you were the victim of a crime but that did not authorize or allow you to then go and take the money from a third party (the company).

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

You should file a complaint with the police regarding the blackmailing. With regard to the liability in the company, you are responsible to make good the loss incurred by the company. You can request more time to find a job to reimburse the company.

Comment

• Wenton2
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Sep 2016
          • United States

Unfortunately, even if you do pay back the company, they can still report the crime. It seems right now they are not inclined to do so.
          Take advantage of that good will and try to resolve the situation ASAP if at all possible.

Comment

I had a girl try to scam me into paying this month.
            I don't believe they ever really were going to publish anything I think it was just an organized scam. She and some others.
            I never paid despite lots of threats, but I can see how others might be inclined to do so.

Beware!

Comment

• sunlover
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • Dec 2008

First off you need to repay your employer you made an agreement. NOt doing so could result in criminal charges. Second file a Police complaint on the blackmailer it may not stop the publication of the photo but it will put a stop to him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrrG6t4QYk&t=389s

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...