Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #11
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: CREDIT CARD: They threatened me with a criminal case against me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that generally credit card default is a civil matter and thus criminal action may not be taken in this matter. Credit card default is breach of contract and hence a civil matter for which criminal action may not be taken.

AFF

bank had filed already a criminal case against me in 2016.. the cards were for 19,000AED but they placed a cheque of 60,000 AED. i paid the fine. now they are calling again for filing a civil case. can they do that?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-14-2017, 06:01 AM   #12
LJJ

Default Re: CREDIT CARD: They threatened me with a criminal case against me

It is not illegal to do so, but if you have paid the amount due, there is nothing more to collect. Did you pay the amount due with interest?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No