USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Can I Sue the Hospital for Pain and Suffering and Emotional Distress?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snugz
    • Feb 2011

Can I Sue the Hospital for Pain and Suffering and Emotional Distress?

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE

Ok i'll make a long story short! But I would like to know if I can sue the Hospital for Pain and Suffering and Emotional Distress. Back in Oct 2010 i found out i was pregnant. a week later i started bleeding. I went to the ER every other day to check my pregnancy hormone count to make sure it was going up. it was slowly. after a month and a week of still bleeding being in the ER every other day I finally saw a DR with some sense. She asked if i had a pelvic at all since i had been coming to the ER. The answer to that was NO. So i got one along with my 4th sonogram. DR came back in and said i was prego in my tubes! Gave me a shot and sent me home said to come back in 4 days and check my hormone level again. I went back 5 days later, and that when they admitted me for 2 days. On the day they sent me home the DR came in and I was terrified! DR said i would be fine and the shot should take care of the baby so the baby wont hurt me. I was so scared that my tube would rupture if they sent me home, BUT the DR assured me in her 31yr of practice she has never had a patient rupture. 2 days later i wake up in alot of pain but i go to work anyway end of the day my co-worker rushes me to the hospital bc she says im really pale (mind you ive been bleeding now for over a month) after sitting in the ER for 4 hours they rush n and rush me surgery bc i had ruptured earlier in the day and i was internally bleeding and didnt know it. Everyone i have spoken to tells me as much as i went to the hospital they should have caught it way sooner and prevented me from rupturing. Not to mention im 26 no kids and a child is all i ever wanted. Loosing this baby has done a number to me on the inside as well as to my boyfriend and our relationship. Not to mention all the crap they did to me for nothing! Do you think i have a case? Please any advice from anyone will help
  • Unregistered

re: Can I Sue the Hospital for Pain and Suffering and Emotional Distress?

May have answered you already in your other post...it is certainly possible you have a case based on what you say here; you could take a brief description of these events as well as your medical records to a malpractice attorney and see if the attorney thinks you have a claim; often you need to contact several attorneys to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you.

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Can I Sue the Hospital for Pain and Suffering and Emotional Distress?

Hi,
      a couple of months back, I was also held in a hospital where they physically tortured me with instruments that can harm a person. I was bleeding from my upper chest and my anti-brachial artery was severed in that, the artery/vein was on purpose exposed to the air, where eventually I would die of oxygen/air entering into my bloodstream. I was also locked to the hospital bedside in which I was not able to use the bathroom and the bed was being prompted up and down, up and down, and up and down. You cannot imagine the physical and emotional torment I was going through. It was sheer horrendous experience, unimaginable feeling ever felt in my entire life. I was forced to urinate on the bed because I was not allowed to utilize the bathroom. Furthermore, to add to the torment, I was tortured by random passer byers whom I do not know and they were inflicting tremendous bodily harm to me. And added to that, the officers who were the police were just laughing in this apparent humor, thinking that this was a freak show or some sort. This is obviously a co-hoots with the lack of the dignity and respect of a human being. This is also the use of "cruel and unusual torture" as being so underlined in the bases form of human rights under international law and under the amnesty international guidelines. Thankfully I was eventually released... but the pain and emotional, and physical torture and repurcussion had scared my life. But I forgive those tormentors by the grace of the saving death and resurrection of Jesus Christ: to forgive those who trespass against you for no reason, without a cause. Thank by the grace of God, I forgive them and let God to be the judge. I would suggest you do the same by letting God be the judge and truth for your defense.

Comment

• Unregistered

You can get all out of pocket costs for such suits but pain and suffering is not guaranteed by any means.

Comment

• Miley Tipton
          Banned User
          • Nov 2010

Hi,
          I think you have a case here, you should consult a attorney and file a case against doctors and other who have been indulge in your case because this kind of negligence can even result in death.

Comment

• akaSnugz

Thanks ya'll after going to another website and having all kinds of lawyers degrade/belittle me i kinda just dropped it all. However it has been weighing on my mind since Dec. I think I am going to talk to a lawyer and see what can be done. Thank you for all ya'lls advice

Comment

• Unregistered

I have a question rather then a reply.. I was seen at the er a couple times during the same week for horrible infection and unbelievable teeth pain in a few teeth and during each visit was treated like a drug addict searching for pain pills even though they nurses and other staff had said that it was appearant I was in a great deal of pain.. they perscribled antibiotics which is great but perscribed tramadol (a listed allergent) and ibuprofen... a medicine I had been taking with no result it relief.. after a couple more days of dealing with the extreme pain and not going to work I went back and dealt with the same treatment from the staff there.. never left the waiting room either visit and was even told that people my age (27) are using and abusing perscription pain killers.. I am not a person who has ever nor ever wanted to be in a hospital to begin with as seen with the amount of visits throughout my life and here I am 11 days later 7am.. awake in horrible pain with no hope in sight other then in another week or so a clinic can get me in for a "consultation" I've been suffering in pain because an er who is going to charge me judged me and labelled me because of my age as a possible drug user.. do I have a case? My email is [email protected]. thanks

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Nov 2011

ERs do not do dental work except "emergency" situations like if you'd been in a wreck or beaten and your jaw was broken etc.

You needed to seek a dentist, your condition while painful was not life-threatening.

They did provide you with Tramadol, a strong painkiller. If you were allergic they should've switched it out.

I'd guess they were suspicious bc dental pain is one of the few things an ER does not treat. They'd wonder why you didn't call around for a dentist. I've always found one the next day...

Comment

• JohnM
                  Banned User
                  • Nov 2012

This does not constitute legal advice, but above all, you should go to a medical malpractice attorney and discuss everything in fine detail. It's important to know whether you have a chance in court and an expert in the field should be able to tell you that. You don't want to waste your time so a consultation is the best way to start. There are many lawyers who will give a free initial consultation, so you might be wise to consult 4 or 5 before you do anything.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• 56ford
                    • May 2013

Hello I'm wanting to know can I sue for emotional dam when a hospital treats your wife with a total lack of respect false diagnosis and mental torture she has bin crying and begging me to take her home but docs say she's mentally unstable she was admitted for a stroke

Comment

• gail in georgia
                      Top Level Member
                      ☆☆☆☆☆
                      • Sep 2012

So...did you wife have a stroke? If so, then it would seem that the diagnosis was not false.

Lots of patients who are medically unstable want to go home but the hospital would place themselves at another risk of a lawsuit if these folks were discharged too early and something bad happened to them because of this.

And what the heck is an "emotional dam"?

Instead of leaping into a lawsuit perhaps you should focus on working with the medical team to determine the best course of treatment for your wife.

Gail

Comment

• Disagreeable
                        Top Level Member
                        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                        • Oct 2012
                        • United States

Many people who have strokes are unstable. That only increases the likelihood of a second stroke soon. Strokes, by their nature can cause memory and emotional deficits.
                        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
                          Top Level Member
                          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                          • Nov 2011

Your wife sounds like she is where she needs to be. Unless another dr has said she didn't have a stroke.

Strokes can impact various parts of the brain, and not just physical motion. They can impact your thought processes and your emotions. You cannot decide what is best for yourself.

This is incredibly difficult for caretakers like yourself. The hospital should have someone you can talk to who can both help you understand what she's going through while helping you with your own emotions. They are extremely helpful.

Comment

• Girones
                            Banned User
                            • May 2013

You definitely can sue them. Anyone who is a victim of medical malpractice must not be afraid to file a case against the doctor or the hospital who's responsible for it.

Comment

• lavinaDominguez
                              • Oct 2014

My mom went to the cancer treatment of america they did a full body scan & told her that is was stable & was not spreading the next scan she got the cancer spread to her ankles.That was the first.the end of may she had an appointment in which they had kept her in the hospital while she got sicker & sicker there was a time when she had to use the restroom and the nurses took their time my mom could berely hold it,also my mothers arm was very sensitive,the nurses were not bein gentle when repositioning her or to bathe her my two aunts would do it because the nurses were too rough.Then my little brothers would go to the library & print things to color the next day there was a sign that said on the printer that said patients only.Theres a refreshment room that our family would get drinks couple days later they locked it.my mothers last few days ,family was coming from out of state and she had many visitors the hospital had a problem at first there was no limit then they said 4 than 2 at a time which I dont understand if they knew she didnt have much time & she wasnt goin home why would they limit her visitors?the last is the main goal for the doctors to keep her as comfortable as a possible.They had her sedated and failed to give her more medication in time she woke up out of it and was in so much pain we held her down for 3 hours hoping she would calm it got so bad nurses were giving her all types of medicine every half hour till finally they gave her medicine that stopped her heart.Ive been so traumatized by it I feel they made the mistake of not giving her,her medicine,couldnt handle it and sped up the process we should have not seen her suffer like that it was torture if someone has advice if I have a case please enlighten me this happened june 2nd 2014 thank you Id appreciate any help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...