Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janice43

Re: Six months and no payment yet from insurer

I am having a difficult time with State Farm, though in the past they were always quite good for me.
    But now I have an insurance issue regarding our deceased father and they are bouncing me from one division to the next. Every time it is a new person.
    I have spend over 7 hours on the phone.
    What can i do to cut through the bureaucracy on this?
    Any helpful hints?
  • Lexus
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2010
    • United States

In this matter as a first step you can file a complaint with the customer care department of the insurance company. If you are not satisfied with their reply you can sent a lawyer notice demanding claim.

Comment

• adjusterjack
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • May 2016

Originally posted by janice43
      I am having a difficult time with State Farm, though in the past they were always quite good for me.
      But now I have an insurance issue regarding our deceased father and they are bouncing me from one division to the next. Every time it is a new person.
      I have spend over 7 hours on the phone.
      What can i do to cut through the bureaucracy on this?
      Any helpful hints?
      How do you expect anybody to answer those questions when you haven't explained the issue and what it has to do with your deceased father?

When you reply with the details, also say what state this is happening as location may be important.

Comment

• AFFA
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Dec 2009

I wish to inform you that you may contact The Office of the Insurance Ombudsman in your State. It assists consumers with issues related to insurance availability; claims processing; coverage questions and other matters related to insurance assistance. It strives to provide prompt handling of matters of an emergent nature and to help you to work with your insurer to achieve successful resolution of your insurance concern.

AFF

Comment

• adjusterjack
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • May 2016

Originally posted by AFFA
          I wish to inform you that you may contact The Office of the Insurance Ombudsman in your State. It assists consumers with issues related to insurance availability; claims processing; coverage questions and other matters related to insurance assistance. It strives to provide prompt handling of matters of an emergent nature and to help you to work with your insurer to achieve successful resolution of your insurance concern.

AFF
          And she can write to the Pope, too.

Without knowing what the issue is, that suggestion could be all but useless.

Comment

• Highwayman
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by adjusterjack

AFFA (who I am convinced is a robot) should stick with Filipino and Indian legal issues. He is lacking when it comes to local stuff.

Comment

• Nan5
              • Mar 2017
              • United States

Originally posted by adjusterjack

Well it can't hurt.
              It certainly wont make the issue worse

Comment

I don't think the pope is doing insurance issues any more, too much going on his life now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...