USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Do I have any redress against a property seller?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZZN3
    • Nov 2017
    • Wales

Do I have any redress against a property seller?

Do I have any redress against a property seller who sold me my bungalow last year without declaring that there had been a previous problem with a leaking water pipe under the drive? The water board have repaired it twice over the last year without charge because I had a water meter installed but it is leaking again and the WB say I will have to pay for future repair. I'm a 70 yr old female living alone in Abergele North Wales Uk.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Do I have any redress against a property seller?

I wish to inform you that you may take action against seller if you had asked seller and he has made a false statement or if seller had himself incorrectly represented that there was no water issues. In order to make seller liable you may be required to show that seller had falsely represented to you or had hidden information from you where he was under a duty to inform.

AFF

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

If the water board noticed that it was previously repaired by the seller and the issue was not declared to you by the seller, you have a cause of action against the seller to make good the loss occurred by the non-disclosure of a major issue with the property.

Comment

• Disagreeable
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Oct 2012
        • United States

Not necessarily, unless local law requires disclosure of a repair or issue of that type within a certain period. The seller may have believed the issue was corrected. Once you endeavored to have repairs made, it should have been fixed correctly. The fact that it was not indicates a more pressing issue, such as the depth of the pipe being below frost level.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...