USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Does the US really pay out more for various personal injuries?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audi2
    • Aug 2016
    • UK

Does the US really pay out more for various personal injuries?

Does the US really pay out more for various personal injuries than other countries, or is that more of a myth than anything else.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Does the US really pay out more for various personal injuries?

I wish to inform you that laws of each country determine amount of compensation which may be paid in personal injury cases. Certain countries do not restrict amount of compensation and compensation is based upon circumstances of particular case. Even in USA each state has its own laws and thus compensation may not be quantified as to which particular jurisdiction may grant more compensation.

AFF

Comment

• Wenton2
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2016
      • United States

I think it is fairly well known, that the damages awards in the United States exceed those of most other countries, and in some cases it has become so excessive that legislation is probably needed to curb some of the abuse.

Comment

• Data4
        • Sep 2016
        • United States

Definitely the US pays more than in Europe e.g. where I used to live.
        But that also makes the legal costs of dong business in the US much higher too.
        It all gets passed on.

Comment

• Unregistered

Is Trump changing that in any way? or perhaps is Congress changing it now in 2019-20?

Or not really?

Seems to me it is excessive in the US.
          And hurting our businesses.

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Nov 2011

In the US many states have instituted tort reform. This is to help cap Judgments in civil litigation, although the largest areas that have seen tort reform are medical malpractice and insurance.

Comment

• olive
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Unregistered
              Is Trump changing that in any way? or perhaps is Congress changing it now in 2019-20?

Or not really?

Seems to me it is excessive in the US.
              And hurting our businesses.
              I do not think any big changes have occurred in the US Congress this year or last.
              Though it certainly may be needed.

Comment

• Unregistered

Certainly the us is paying a ton more than they pay in in Europe for such kinds of suits.
                And hence the high cost of health care and many other services in he USA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...