Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Online Purchases and Sales

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2018, 07:35 AM   #1
Napel 387
Napel 387's Flag is: United States

Default International shipping options and return address

I have a company in Canada and work with a USA company that ships products to my customers but does not provide their return address. I want to please confirm that is legal and if so, inquire regarding my options. Can I rather have them put a PO box as the return address please, and can it be in Canada or must it be a US return address? If orders were being shipped internationally would customs care if the return address was not in USA though being shipped from USA please. Thanks.
Napel 387 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-19-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
olive
Top Level Member

Default Re: International shipping options and return address

The USPS has at least two or three shipping options that allow you to abandon non-deliverable items and also allow you to forward non-deliverable shipments to another location inside Canada.

And if you use those options you also do not need a US return address.
So options do exist for you.

It would probably be advisable to also directly consult a representative at the post office to discuss your details.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that by using special addressing services called "ancillary service endorsements," you can give the USPS specific instructions for how to handle your mail if it is undeliverable as addressed. Depending on the purpose of your mailing, you may want those pieces forwarded to a corrected address and returned to you. Undeliverable mail is handled differently depending on the class of mail, the endorsement you use, and how recently your customer has moved. Some of these actions have fees associated with them and may cost you money. Undeliverable USPS Marketing Mail that doesn't have an endorsement is disposed of by the Postal Service.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

It is necessary to have a return address in USA as it was shipped from USA. The return address can be in Canada or USA. Further, you can initiate process to add a return address as it is advantageous to your business.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote