Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters > How to legally end the marriage easily

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout


Thread: How to legally end the marriage easily Reply to Thread

Your Username: Click here to log in
Random question to prevent spam. Must answer.
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options

Miscellaneous Options
Rate Thread
If you like, you can add a score for this thread.

Topic Review (Newest First)

08-18-2017 10:16 PM
Re: How to legally end the marriage easily

I wish to inform you that provisions of Section 13(i) (a) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 will have jurisdiction in the matter. Mental cruelty involves either party causing mental pain, agony of suffering of such a magnitude that it severs the bond between the wife and husband and as a result of which it becomes impossible for the party who has suffered to live with the other party. The status of marital ties of the particular society to which the parties belong, their social values, status and environment in which they live will need to be considered. Further, the conduct of the concerned party should be grave and substantial. Your friend may apply for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty. He may contact a lawyer and seek guidance in the matter.

08-18-2017 09:17 AM
Re: How to legally end the marriage easily

In this case he can sent a lawyer notice to his wife regarding divorce and he can file a divorce petition based on the mental torture by wife. It is also good to settle the matter by involving family members in the issue. It is also good to consult a lawyer experienced in family matters
08-18-2017 06:34 AM
How to legally end the marriage easily

Country: India

Need a suggestion on my friend case.
He got married a girl whom he don't like 1% even due to family force....After marriage that girl started giving mental torture to him saying that you have affair with some other girl.everyday one or the other fight or she will black mail that she is gonna suicide if he won't accept days goes on he became mad about this matter and wanted to get out of he asked divorced from that girl.but she refused to give saying that she need a child asked 30 times then definitely she will leave he need freedom from her he accepted that but now she refused to give divorce and torturing him like hell and she became pregnant also.due to this he attempted suicide also in this case what is his mistake man cannot have rights to leave peacefully.just because of society he needs to die with her ?? Can anyone suggest plz otherwise we will loose himhe was such an amazing guy before marriage.just because of one marriage his life got spoiled. Please suggest how to get out from that lady and leave peacefully.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2019 by