Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Domestic Violence and Abuse > Renewing protective order

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout


Thread: Renewing protective order Reply to Thread

Your Username: Click here to log in
Random question to prevent spam. Must answer.
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options

Miscellaneous Options
Rate Thread
If you like, you can add a score for this thread.

Topic Review (Newest First)

10-07-2019 02:57 AM
Re: Renewing protective order

Before the protective order expires, the “applicant” (the person who filed for the order) can request an extended protection order. An extended protection order can remain in effect up to one year after the court signs it. To apply for an extended protection order, you must complete the appropriate application and file it before the court where you filed your initial TPO application.
10-06-2019 08:21 PM
Re: Renewing protective order

I wish to inform you that prior to the expiration of the protective order, a petitioner may file a written motion requesting a hearing to extend the order. Proceedings to extend a protective order shall be given precedence on the docket of the court. The court may extend the protective order for a period not longer than two years to protect the health and safety of the petitioner or persons who are family or household members of the petitioner at the time the request for an extension is made. The extension of the protective order shall expire at 11:59 p.m. on the last day specified or at 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the two-year period if no date is specified. Nothing shall limit the number of extensions that may be requested or issued. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

10-06-2019 01:57 PM
Re: Renewing protective order

How did you get it originally?
10-06-2019 10:06 AM
Renewing protective order

San Antonio

I have a protective order against my ex that expires in about 30 days.
It has been one year. My ex is still drinking and getting into trouble though he has backed off from contacting me,

Can I get that extended? How do I do it?

I cannot afford a lawyer BTW. Unfortunately.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2019 by