Legal Junkies Forums

Legal Junkies Forums (https://www.legaljunkies.com/index.php)
-   Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination (https://www.legaljunkies.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wrongfully terminated from my job (https://www.legaljunkies.com/showthread.php?t=87475)

tren287 10-23-2018 03:00 PM

Wrongfully terminated from my job

Illinois

I have been wrongfully terminated from my job. I work overseas for a telemarketing company that is based in the United States. I was terminated for no reason after I had done my work that I was to do. The Employer had not given me a termination letter either or any warnings plus still had not paid me for the three days I had worked for the week. In the past the employer would use to withhold rightful payments owed to me after reminding him many times about it. I wanted to know if I can take action against this employer and if yes, how can I do so?

Highwayman 10-23-2018 05:55 PM

Re: Wrongfully terminated from my job

You can be terminated for any reason or for no reason unless you are covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement. Since you don't even live in this country I doubt you'll be able to do much about getting your three days pay.

adjusterjack 10-23-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tren287 (Post 376021)
I wanted to know if I can take action against this employer and if yes, how can I do so?

Sure, you can file a lawsuit in small claims court where the company HQ is located. Eventually you will have to come to court to testify so that's probably not a feasible option unless you are owed enough to make it worthwhile though I don't think 3 days will do it.

You could try filing a wage claim with the IL DOL or the US DOL. Won't cost you anything. No way to predict the outcome.

As for the termination itself, unless your country of residence has some laws that would bind your employer, there was nothing "wrongful" about terminating your employment without notice. In the US it happens every day all over the US.

Lexus 10-24-2018 11:52 AM

In this regard you should consult a lawyer to pursue a case against your employer for wrongful termination and non-payment of wages. The case needs to be filed in the jurisdiction of the business address of your employee.

Highwayman 10-24-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexus (Post 376049)
In this regard you should consult a lawyer to pursue a case against your employer for wrongful termination and non-payment of wages. The case needs to be filed in the jurisdiction of the business address of your employee.

There was apparently nothing "wrongful" about the termination and the poster lives outside of the country.

Do you read anything?

adjusterjack 10-24-2018 10:49 PM

How come Lexus and Affa never respond to OUR comments?

;)

Highwayman 10-25-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adjusterjack (Post 376054)
How come Lexus and Affa never respond to OUR comments?

;)

They may be robots.

adjusterjack 10-26-2018 01:04 AM

It occurred to me after I pushed the reply button.

A pair of bumbling buckets of bolts.

(As Dr Smith would say.)

Highwayman 10-26-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adjusterjack (Post 376074)
It occurred to me after I pushed the reply button.

A pair of bumbling buckets of bolts.

(As Dr Smith would say.)

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

amit3 10-26-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highwayman (Post 376051)
There was apparently nothing "wrongful" about the termination and the poster lives outside of the country.

Do you read anything?

I thought he was working from Illinois???

The issue is IL based the poster says??