Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Search Forums

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout


Showing results 1 to 25 of 464
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: judg4

Forum: Small Claims Courts 02-01-2017, 07:33 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,302
Posted By judg4
Re: Can I read my statement to the judge in small claims court?

The court WILL allow it so long as you don't take too much time.
You might offer the info that it will take you only one minute to read, and/or that the judge may have a copy of the opening...
Forum: Other Family Law Matters 02-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Replies: 177
Views: 111,462
Posted By judg4
Re: Marriage between Uncle and Niece

There are a couple of states that allow it and few countries in Europe so you can always marry if you really want to.
But it is worth considering WHY the bans exists. There are health risks for any...
Forum: Landlord vs Tenant Issues 07-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 490
Posted By judg4
Re: Detached building as same residence

It seems you are really trying to get the answer to another question.

Yes the person is a tenant most likely...and so....?

(there are many kinds of tenancies)
Forum: Starting a Business 06-16-2016, 12:08 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,572
Posted By judg4
Re: Austrian shareholders of DE corp

Good news!

You can all be Austrian and you can own property in the corporation. You do not need a US citizen involved.
But you do need a registered agent in the US; you can just hire that for a...
Forum: Naturalization and Citizenship 06-14-2016, 03:32 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 18,958
Posted By judg4
Re: Wrong name on Naturalization Certificate

If the Oath Ceremony is one done by a judge, and not all are, then you can ask the judge to rule on the name there. He does not have to change what you requested in the Interview but he can.

Forum: Child Custody and Support 06-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 246
Posted By judg4
Re: Can the state Extradite me for child support?

If the amount is large--say over 10,000 dollars--it may be worth it to them to haul you across the country.

I would suggest not to play around with this support issue as the authorities can get...
Forum: Child Custody and Support 06-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 233
Posted By judg4
Re: CO child support increase

She normally can't quit her job and have that be the reason to get increased support payments.

The court is normally going to impute some income to her and assume that she can earn it, even if at...
Forum: Divorce, Separation, Annulment 05-27-2016, 12:06 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 490
Posted By judg4
re: Scared that he's going to get away with it

Let the judge know what is happening and the judge if he wishes can easily take steps to make SURE the money is available.

The judge did not intend you to have to worry and work out these...
Forum: Neighbor Law 05-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,123
Posted By judg4
Re: fence posts to close to road on easememt

I think the simple answer is that the easement cannot be blocked or made difficult to use.

Any action that does that is impermissible.

At least as I read the information given here, the fence...
Forum: Small Claims Courts 05-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 754
Posted By judg4
Re: suing University of Phoenix

Why are they not giving credit for the courses that were completed ?

That seems odd?
Forum: Elder Law 05-21-2016, 10:34 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,147
Posted By judg4
Re: Does adult child have right to file for power of attorney

Sometimes it is not easy to figure out if your relative is still well enough to understand
and sign a power of attorney. You or your relative can speak with a lawyer to decide which
approach --...
Forum: Elder Law 05-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,147
Posted By judg4
Re: Does adult child have right to file for power of attorney


If you are appointed to be a general guardian or a guardian of the estate, you will need
court permission for many financial transactions on the incompetent person's behalf. A...
Forum: Debt Collection 05-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,026
Posted By judg4
Re: info debts in uae

You also normally cannot be extradited from the EU or Italy for a debt payment issue.

That is not a crime in the EU.
It is purely a civil matter.
Forum: Attorneys and Legal Ethics 05-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 725
Posted By judg4
Re: Seeking Case Law practices in Australia

Perhaps he means the case is one that needs to be argued by common law and precedent, as opposed to a given existing statute?
Though any good litigator could argue either way.
Forum: Landlord vs Tenant Issues 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 680
Posted By judg4
Re: Breaking a lease due to losing my job prior to moving in

If you can find a new tenant that is reasonably similar to your credit risk etc, then he normally has to accept that and the only damages he can then possibly seek are damages from the costs incurred...
Forum: Law News 05-17-2016, 05:27 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 354
Posted By judg4
Re: AM Roundup: Law School Crisis Lingers

It is impossible to ignore these market changes. The number of "traditional office" lawyers will decline for a good number of years. IMHO

[Lawyers no longer have a monopoly on the law. The legal...
Forum: Law News 05-17-2016, 05:17 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 354
Posted By judg4
Re: AM Roundup: Law School Crisis Lingers

I think we have way too many lawyers in this country anyway! We could function just fine with about half!! Just like they do in the UK and Canada.

[We now have two years in a row of...
Forum: Child Custody and Support 05-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 330
Posted By judg4
re: I have a child with a US citizen

That is absolutely NOT a valid legal reason to take custody away!

If that is his only issue he will not prevail.
Forum: Debt Collection 05-14-2016, 01:10 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 737
Posted By judg4
Re: time duration to sue a credit card default

Indian code--I would think he means,

13. When foreign judgment not conclusive.- A foreign judgment shall be conclusive as to any matter thereby directly adjudicated upon between the same...
Forum: Other Business and Finance Law Issues 05-14-2016, 12:42 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 825
Posted By judg4
re: Stolen money... I signed a contract with national tax debt

You can sue them in small claims and/or file a complaint with their state Attorney General.

Almost surely the AG will help you resolve this kind of complaint. The AGs are already not happy with...
Forum: Landlord vs Tenant Issues 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 548
Posted By judg4
Re: Double Dog Dare!

The lease may require a deposit for each animal, or may say something otherwise.
You really need to carefully review that part of the lease.

But I would agree, often it is drafted as a deposit...
Forum: Traffic and Speeding Tickets 05-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,142
Posted By judg4
Re: Wrongfully pulled over and ticketed

They often now have cameras on the back - yes!!
Check with the dept and call their public info line.

See also the link below:

Fighting a speeding ticket - WORLD Law Direct...
Forum: Law News 05-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Replies: 1
Views: 277
Posted By judg4
Re: Nonlawyer Ownership of Law Firms Is a Bad Idea, Say Bar Groups

It certainly has not caused in any problem in England. The UK changed the law to allow non-attorneys to own and it has not caused any serious problems.

It has spurred innovation!
Forum: Debt Collection 05-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,259
Posted By judg4
Re: Case for my credit card debt - Manila, Philippines

See your other post which was responded to. Thanks!!
Forum: Other Family Law Matters 05-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 539
Posted By judg4
re: Pet ownership... Will a small claims court uphold?

Yes you can file in court if need be and you certainly have a good case.

Small claims courts will sometimes not give orders about who can keep the cat etc, but they can award money damages if one...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 464

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2020 by