USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

No approval to use my company name and logo.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HGH 99
    • Feb 2018
    • United States

No approval to use my company name and logo.

I have applied for copyright/trademark protection of my Company name and logo for a product I am currently selling on Amazon.com. I have recently learned that there several different sellers selling my product on eBay.com
    I have contacted eBay 4 times asking them to have the sellers remove my product, as they do not have my approval to use my company name and logo. eBay has responded that they will not do anything.
    U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and Canadian Intellectual Property Office --
    What can I do?
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: No approval to use my company name and logo.

Have you read eBay's TOS to see if eBay has any obligation to intervene? I haven't read them.

I suspect you will have to deal direct with the sellers by sending a cease and desist demand followed by a lawsuit if you are so inclined.

One thing I don't understand. They are selling your products. Presumably you sold them the products. If they are reselling in the original package they are giving your product exposure. If they are selling for more than you sell it for, that shouldn't bother you because you'll get customers when you undercut them. If they are undercutting you, then just don't sell to them anymore.

I can't quite fathom what your issue is.

If it's that you just don't want anybody reselling your product, slap a big label on it "Not for resale. No warranty if resold."

That might discourage repurchasers.

Or, you can ship your product in an unmarked package so it won't be identifiable to a repurchaser even though it's identified in your ad.

There's a lot of ways to foil the reseller without spending thousands on lawyers. Be creative.

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

Re: No approval to use my company name and logo.

In this regard you can file case against the re-sellers if you have a copyright/trademark protection. You should check the agreement with the e-bay to make sure that you have entered clause regarding copyright/trademark in it. It is good to consult a trademark lawyer in this regard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...