USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Can employer access my expunged records through the NCIC database?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: Can employer access my expunged records through the NCIC database?

I have several charges that show up on my NCIC check and that is only because someone used my SSN when they were arrested. I have been calling different people for the last couple of months trying to get my SSN removed. This is effecting my job status because no one is responsible for maintaing the database(NCIC) which is used to verify all Federal employees background Investigations. No one knows who can/should remove my SSN from false police reports. Just ridiculous

Comment

• Friend In Court
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Apr 2011
      • United States

Originally posted by Unregistered
      I have several charges that show up on my NCIC check and that is only because someone used my SSN when they were arrested. I have been calling different people for the last couple of months trying to get my SSN removed. This is effecting my job status because no one is responsible for maintaing the database(NCIC) which is used to verify all Federal employees background Investigations. No one knows who can/should remove my SSN from false police reports. Just ridiculous
      If one's identity has been stolen which resulted in criminal charges being tagged to them, they CAN have their social security number changed for public record. Accrued social security benefit amounts will internally be attached from the old number to new number.

The Social Security Administration has a brochure on the procedure to apply for a new number. You cannot get a new Social Security number: If you decide to apply for a new number, you will need to prove your identity, age and U.S. citizenship or immigration status. See Social Security Administration's Publication Number 05-10002 .

Changing your number, of course, will not instantly solve your problem for you will have to change records with DMV and other places that have your old number, like credit bureaus.

Comment

• baglan8

Is my expunged domestic violence matter (involving my wife) available in any way to my employer in Illinois? They are trying to find it I learned.

The whole thing was ten years ago.

Comment

• Highwayman
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Sep 2014

This thread is over 5 years old. If you have a legal question start your own thread. OIr better yet go somewhere else and ask.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by baglan8
            Is my expunged domestic violence matter (involving my wife) available in any way to my employer in Illinois? They are trying to find it I learned.

The whole thing was ten years ago.

Read ALL the posts above.
            Your expunged information is not supposed to be available but you cannot be 100% sure that that is the case.
            BUT generally...employers should not have access to law enforcement or government files that may include expunged material.

That would defeat the whole purpose of the expungement /expunction process.

Comment

• Unregistered

My private (supposedly) expunction record was made available to my employer through a private database recently.
              So much for the whole process that was supposed to protect me.

Comment

• Unregistered

Read above--that's not so uncommon these days.

Comment

• boogy

Aint nothin private today dude. If it happened everybody will know if they want to look for it.

Comment

• Lexus
                    Top Level Member
                    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                    • Sep 2010
                    • United States

The NCIC (National Criminal Information Center) is a computerized index of criminal justice information, such as criminal record history information and lists of fugitives, stolen properties, and missing persons, that is available exclusively to law enforcement agencies and related criminal justice organizations. The data contained in the NCIC is compiled from records by the FBI; federal, state, local and foreign criminal justice agencies; and authorized courts. Access to this database is strictly prohibited to the general public, including private investigators and information brokers. If your identity is stolen, then you can report ot FTC and to your nearby law enforcement agency.

Comment

I have something from 31 years ago, will they find it?
                      I am age 50

Comment

Thanks for this discussion, it was very helpful on a similar issue I face right now!!

Comment

My employer just did find it somehow, it was supposed to be expunged and completely eliminated, but here I am having to explain it all to them, what a drag!

Comment

For other like me that had this happen as well:
                            I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I get it believe me.
                            If someone has used your Social Security number (SSN) to get arrested, it's important that you take steps to clear your name and remove the false information from your record. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

Contact the arresting agency: The first step is to contact the agency that made the false arrest under your SSN. Ask to speak with a supervisor and explain the situation. Provide any documentation that proves your identity, such as a driver's license or passport. The agency may be able to correct the mistake in their records and remove the false information from your NCIC check.
                            File a police report: If the arresting agency is unresponsive or unable to remove the false information, you should file a police report with your local law enforcement agency. This report will serve as official documentation of the identity theft and the false arrest.
                            Contact the FBI: The NCIC is maintained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and they may be able to assist you in removing the false information from your record. You can contact the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division at (304) 625-3000 to inquire about the process for removing false information from the NCIC.

Dispute the information with the credit bureaus: In addition to the NCIC, false information about your arrest may also appear on your credit report. You can dispute the information with the credit bureaus and request that it be removed from your file.

It may take some time and effort to clear your record, but it's important to persist! in your efforts. You of course may want to also consider contacting an attorney if you need additional assistance.​ But the above may help get it resolved!

Amanda

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...