Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Copyright, Trademark, Patent

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #1
Kiana33
Kiana33's Flag is: United States

Default pete davidson nude ken doll legal issue

I sent an email about 18 months to PD about this ken doll idea...and now they have used it (or a changed version of it) on tv and everywhere else. (ps-- I thought the manhood should be much larger in my version)

Do I have any rights about this situation? I feel it was my idea?

gk
Kiana33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: pete davidson nude ken doll legal issue

I wish to inform you that your business idea does not have patent protection nor was an NDA signed before sharing the idea unsolicited by email, therefore, you may not have any relief in the matter. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: pete davidson nude ken doll legal issue

Copyright provides protection for literary, artistic, dramatic or musical works (including computer programs) and other subject-matter known as performer's performances, sound recordings and communication signals. However, any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated, or embodied in such work aren’t protected by copyright law. It is the expression of ideas, facts, etc. that is protected by copyright.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote