Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 11:41 PM   #41
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
I believe there was a study done that concluded males who drive vehicles with unusually loud exhausts suffer from a feeling of inadequacy and have unusually small penises.
I read a study saying people who's biggest problem in this world is loud car noises tend to be males with no penises and have their panties in a bunch....Also, some cops that give these tickets r just doing what they're told from supervisors. They wanna b in control, have authority, and b respected and so take it out on us so yea.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #42
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Illinois: Loud exhaust law

Exposure to loud noises does damage to the hearing. So those who drive around boasting of their pickup trucks or cars emitting in the 95 plus db's ought to take heed. At 94 db's the human ear can take it for one hour. 97 db's, 30 minutes. 100 db's, 15 minutes , 106 db's 3.75 minutes 115 db's, less than 1/2 a minute, .46785 seconds -- before damage begins to occur to the ear canal. This is from a study done by a senior scientist with OSHA compiled from 1700 sources, The Noise Navigator.

Those who boast of driving their whatever's minus muffler or straight pipes, revving up their beast to make as much noise as possible, are already partially deaf and don't understand what the fuss is all about.

It used to be that teens would tell their parents as an excuse for not doing or refrain from doing something, "I didn't hear you." Those who attend concerts and acid rock or other music performances where the noise level exceeds the highest level on this chart, really don't hear now -- because they have lost some of their capacity to hear -- damaged their hearing.

Blast on with your noise machines. Just stay off my street.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2015, 06:24 PM   #43
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

I have never had a problem with a nice rumble. There is a difference between that and an urban assault vehicle.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2015, 02:16 PM   #44
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm laughing too. At the way you spelled "modified".

People who are tired of loud, irritating noises would give you a ticket for this. It disturbs the peace other are entitled to. Self absorbed miscreants like you don't understand that.
EXACTLY -- I have crazy hours and my neighbor insists he needs to idle his diesel work vehicle for 400 feet on a slow roll on a small street and alleyway on his way in and out daily. I want to send a mortar round into it every time I hear it.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:04 AM   #45
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Be a shame if someone took a melted glob of metal and dropped it in the stack. The engine would probably not start.

Quote:
EXACTLY -- I have crazy hours and my neighbor insists he needs to idle his diesel work vehicle for 400 feet on a slow roll on a small street and alleyway on his way in and out daily. I want to send a mortar round into it every time I hear it.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2019, 01:49 AM   #46
Unregistered

Quote:
What part of "after market" do you people not understand? You have fooled with the car's original sound. THAT is why you're being ticketed. If you want to be insulated from getting pulled over and ticketed, either by a motorcycle or stop altering your 4 wheeled vehicle's mufflers.
After market doesn’t mean altered. I got pulled over for my factory exhaust being rusted causing loud noise. After market doesn’t mean altered it means a part that was manufactured after the vehicle went to market meaning left the factory. The brake pads on your car are after market since they weren’t on it when new. So are your head light bulbs or tail light bulbs maybe even your radio. Your just mad because your an idiot. A motorcycle is a motor vehicle you can’t alter those either so people with loud bikes should be ticketed as well. For people like me with a Pontiac or a similar brand of vehicle which is no longer in production factory parts aren’t available. If you have an exhaust professionally installed and you don’t want them to install something stupid loud and you still get ticketed then the shop should get in trouble too period. If a shop installs something loud on your car knowing it’s illegal they should be ticketed as well for contributing to an act of a crime period. This goes several ways. If the police quit playing games and the public was educated on the laws this world would be better. I’m a law student and I quoted the law to the officer when I got pulled over but I didn’t win. I spoke to my law professor as well who has practiced law for 35 years he had no valid response to win in court due to Illinois not having a set in stone ruling on sound. Only hating found in the law was from 2016 where a court ruled in favor of a person charged for loud exhaust when measured it was below 85db above 35mph but that’s not a law that’s just a court ruling most new cars are below 80db

Old 05-24-2019, 03:29 AM   #47
VVDon
VVDon's Flag is: United States

You are 100% right in my opinion.
My neighbor and friend got a BIG ticket under the same circumstances.
VVDon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #48
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
I’m a law student...
Then I would think you'd be smart enough not to post in a thread that's been dead for three years.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2019, 04:27 AM   #49
Unregistered

The Post isn't dead if somebody posts a new post on the topic!

The idea in some posts is to build on what's already there.