Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Salary and Workers Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
Taffen GKK
Taffen GKK's Flag is: United States

Default Not compliant for a manager to take any tips from an employee?

Texas

I work for a restaurant and bar as a bartender and my manager on some nights when I'm bartending alone he will help me out and at the end of the night and pressure me into giving him a tip out, or doing an hourly tip share. I was looking at the Texas Workforce Commission laws and also the flsa laws and it says that it is not compliant for a manager to take any tips from an employee for any reason.

What I can do about this, if anything at all?
Taffen GKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-26-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Not compliant for a manager to take any tips from an employee?

I wish to inform you that tips may be shared according to procedure laid in 29 CFR ยง 531.59. If your tip is shared by manager then you may take action for recovery of amount due. You may first inform your management about unfair credit of tip which is taken by manager. If management refuses to resolve the dispute then you may file complaint with U.S. Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division for violation of federal laws. You may also file a civil law suit.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Not compliant for a manager to take any tips from an employee?

Either I know who you mean or I have the same scenario exactly.
I was wondering if anybody else objected to the tips issue.
In my case the manager guy was fired this week.