•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitten
    • Dec 2018
    • United States

Lawyer's invoice has questionable items

I hired a lawyer to help me settle a dispute with my landlord. My lawyer submitted his invoice but it contains numerous suspicious items, like 17 emails in one day requiring 95 minutes. I asked him to explain this and some other curious items, but he refused to explain and has refused to show me the 17 emails and their contents.

I suspect he is not being truthful, but I cannot prove it unless he cooperates.

Is there anything I can do to force this lawyer to prove these 17 emails
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Lawyer's invoice has questionable items

Google attorney fee dispute with the name of your state. That will get you to whatever regulatory agency handled fee disputes. Follow the instructions and the state will have the attorney justify his fees.

Comment

• Zelez
      • Jun 2016

More than 1 or 2 complaints about billing and he will have a significant problem.
      And he must provide all records and notes if his licensing agency (state bar usually) requests the information.

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

If you believe that your lawyer is producing fake invoices you can file a bar complaint against that lawyer in jurisdiction where he practices law.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...