•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panosg
    • Sep 2015

Re: How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers

Originally posted by elinchu
    This is how I normally do to identify ali baba scammers, with this, you should be ok for quite some time.

First of all, I do Google search with the name of the company and the word scam. Normally, there should be no page with the company listed with the word scam next to them but if you see at least one, maybe it is a scam. No need to have several pages, only one is necessary.

Secondly, I go on a very good website, fraudwatchers.org who have a list of all website and company listed as scam. They just saved me from sending sample to a scam company.

And thirdly, just ask people around on forums just like this one. I saw a mate who've done that.

Fourth steps is that you can verify the address they gave you and find out what's really on this. Go on The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free and enter the address they gave you to find out if the address is really registered as their business address or at least at their names.

Fifth test is to ask them to phone you. Normally scammers won't do this but beware, some also tries to call you. Please be aware that some scammers uses call redirection which is call callback (I'm not sure of that) or they can use fax to email. Using this, they get number that are listed in U.S.A., U.K. or any European country where in reality, they are located elsewhere.

Sixth, alway inquire about the mail address. This is a mistake scammers often made. Try to see whether the email address comes from a free mail server. Suppose you get a mail from [email protected], be sure this is a scam. The mail address (it truely exist and they tried to scam me) is not from the Cameroon government, but from a free mail server. This is how I caught my first scammer.

Seventh and last advice for the time being; JUST COME AND ASK ME. Yes, you can come and ask me and I'll help you. I've been for so much time victim of scammer, who fortunately failed in their attempts, that I've got some pretty much experience.

This is approximately all I can remember for the time being but again, if you need advices, feel free to contact me, it's free
    Hi
    I read all these that you are advising and really are very important. Once you say to ask you i took the courage and i am sending this message regarding a company that i am about to work with. I am from Greece and this is a company in China that it feels that is to good to be true. But from the other hand i am looking so much in the internet that might be real. The company is called Shijiazhuang Su Kai Import And Export Trade Co., Ltd. (noparse]http://www.skbottle.en.alibaba.com[/noparse]) - plastic e juice bottle, glass dropper bottle. The negatives for me is that has not personal site. Also from skype says that is a factory when i asked, and on alibaba says is a trading company. I told her about that and said factory is old but the company new. Also prices are very good regarding so flexible quantities. Usually chinese ask for big quantity to give you the best price, but she give the same price with small quantities. Also in alibaba has fake 11 years glod producer, but this i do not give attention because many do it. On alibaba says that has 2 recent transactions of 7000$ . And finally i was thinking to make all procedure of payment through alibaba that for her gives trade assurance and as i understand i will take my money back in case something happens.
    If you could help me that would be great
    Thank you
    Panos G.

Comment

• annexasia
      • Feb 2015

When you have doubt someone related to ali baba agent than ask him for licence it may help ful to find correct agent.

Comment

• davezeng
        • Jul 2010

I believe that if you are serious business people and you can hire one trust agent to conduct the factory audit. The Scammers? No way. It is easy solution and money savings.

Veriquality Inspection Service Co.,Ltd is professional QC company will help you to find reliable supplier in China. Please contact us to audit your suppliers.

Comment

• TexasSeg
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Hamada
          [ Zhejiang, China (Mainland) ] on alibaba and would like your help please to check if it s not a scam. Company. The company website Is www.sport-skateboard.com and the mail adress of the person in charge of the business Is [email protected].
          Many Thanks
          Hamada
          Merlot Commerce is not a reputable seller. They will rip you off.

Comment

• whichphilosophy
            • Aug 2016

I purchased some excellent aluminium luggage at a fraction of the price, paying through credit card. The transaction was small.. Something like Escrow would be better. I was in Italy at the time, and the supplier even supplied another invoice with the goods which meant they were below a taxable value, so no duty was paid.

Comment

• able1
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • Feb 2007

Never use a wire transfer. It is too hard to undo.

Use a card or Paypal or something similar.

Comment

• Unregistered

Alibaba is finally cracking down on counterfeiters and just this last week sued a number of them and shut down their accounts. But admittedly it has been a long time coming.
                We even had items within our own small business that ended up there online in a counterfeit status.

Comment

• Wenton2
                  Top Level Member
                  ☆☆☆☆☆☆
                  • Sep 2016
                  • United States

You can thank all of the scrutiny by Trump and gang for much of that in my humble opinion.

Comment

• Unregistered

TRUMP will keep them in line!!

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by able1
                      Never use a wire transfer. It is too hard to undo.

Use a card or Paypal or something similar.

Good advice!!
                      Especially if it is a first time transaction!

Comment

• Unregistered

For the first time in its history Alibaba DID now aggressively sue makers of counterfeit goods listing in the site!!
                        And that is a welcome development!

Comment

• TINSEL

They have gotten much better in screening out frauds at Alibaba, but you still need to do your own diligence thoroughly and check references.
                          The commercial section of the US Embassy in China can also help in many instances.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...