Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: minor child refuses to give me the password for an online account

Can I ask the police to force my 12 year old child to give a password to their online account?

I am concerned about an older child online that may even be selling drugs to my child.

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Can I ask the police to force my 12 year old child to give a password to their online account?

I am concerned about an older child online that may even be selling drugs to my child.
      The police aren't there to parent your child. He either gives you the password or you lock away all his communication devices. It is really that easy.

Comment

• Unregistered

I cannot get my daughter (age 13) to give the passwords. I tried everything.
        I finally banned her from using the computer but now she is accessing the site at school using friends' phones, so now what ca n I do??

Comment

• Unregistered

Restore respect and discipline generally!
          It sounds like there are larger issues than the web site

Comment

• Disagreeable
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Oct 2012
            • United States

Nope, just a parent without the guts to parent their child by taking away forms of electronic communication as punishment.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• jane21august
              • Jan 2018
              • United States

I love to share a story with you that my friend told me. She has the same problem as you had now. What she did was she left her house alone for one day and allowed the eldest one to be in-charge of the house for that day. She left the eldest one to do all chores, including laundry and babysitting, the younger ones and to take care of all their needs. And the next day she was not back at home with this the eldest one learns to realize the hardship and she soon will learn a few responsibilities. I think maybe this idea will help you.Please do tell if it worked for you?
              Because it did for my friend. It is just a suggestion.

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Nov 2011

Abdicating your responsibility as a parent is a terrible idea. This suggestion is more likely to have a bad ending.

Why are parents so afraid of their children? Or do they just not want to do the hard work?

Comment

• Unregistered

My kids just will not give me the passwords and when they do they go and change it the next hour.
                  I really do not think there is anything I can do further.

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
                    Top Level Member
                    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    My kids just will not give me the passwords and when they do they go and change it the next hour.
                    I really do not think there is anything I can do further.
                    Start your own thread.

Read what’s been said on this one.

If you seriously have so little control over your minor children I wonder why you bothered. Look in the mirror. Parent or child?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...