Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
chubbard

Default I seriously feel I was wrongfully terminated PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE

Hi,

I hope someone will read all and advise me.

I am writing in regards to my current situation at work. I would like to start off by saying that I am in no way condoning what I did as the right thing to do.

There is a lady at the office that constantly seems like she is trying to get my wife fired. I work at the same office as my wife. I work in a different department. My wife seemed upset at the way this lady is constantly trying to find things to get her into trouble.

What I did was bad judgment. I sent 4 emails all within 10 minutes from my home computer. I was not on company time nor on a company computer. I do not have access to those computers. I decided to send the emails out of frustration as to how this lady was making my wife feel. The emails stated No one likes you. Why don't you quit.

The lady turned those emails in and the situation was investigated. They realized it was me from my email address. Old archives where I had posted in forums using my yahoo email address. They matched them to me and called me into the office. I admitted sending those emails and gave my reasons as to why. No reason is right as to why i sent them. It was wrong of me. I was frustrated.

I was at first suspended until further investigation. Now they have called me on the phone and fired me 3 days ago. I know what I did was wrong. I just don't see what I have done that has broken any company policies.

I am very upset at the way I was terminated. I have now thought about it and I would like to file charges against my former employer. Let me tell you why.

I feel that I was wrongfully terminated and discriminated against due to the things I did in the past. What I mean by that is I emailed Human Resources on several occasions letting them know the types of things that managers were letting other employee's get away with. I had to include that old information in the statement I wrote during the investigation that just 1 week ago cost me my job.

I am sure the reason I was fired is they felt me to be a threat because of the things I had spoke up about in the past. A so-called whistleblower I guess. In the past meaning about 3-4 months ago. These things were written in the statement a week ago. I was asked if I was the "infamous employee" that had sent emails in the past. I said yes. I was asked to put that in my statement.

I strongly feel that's what led to my termination. They felt me to be a risk and retaliated against me due to those things in the past. I don't care what you call it. I was wrongfully dismissed. I have put in 10 years for this company. Nothing on my record. No excessive absences. All of my immediate supervisors are very upset that this happened to me. They all called me and apologized and said they had no bearing on the decision and wasn't even in on any of the meetings that led to my being fired. One manager of 25 years has even told a former co-worker of mine that "This company is a piece of ****" All this because of my being fired. People are upset about it, and of course me included.

I am a strong believer in fairness. I seriously believe that I was discriminated against, retaliated against, and wrongfully fired. There has to be something. My job performance in the past ten years speaks for itself. Others have falsified their timesheets (still employed) Others have sexual harassment charges against them (still employed) and actively working.

Me, I send an email to someone from my home computer on my own time that stated "No one likes you. Why don't you quit?" I was asked to write a statement admitting this, which I did freely. I was asked questions if I was the employee that had sent emails in the past telling of the problems with other managers and all the BS that goes on within the company. I said yes. I was asked to put that in the statement as well.

What did those past emails have to do with the one I previously sent my co-worker? Why did that need to be written in my statement? I don't know. I believe they felt I was to risky since I stood up for what I felt was right by sending those past emails and retaliated against me by firing me.

I was an honest employee who only did good for this company. I deserved a second chance. One mistake. No warning, no write up, suspended until further investigation and then fired over the phone.

I WANT SOME HELP!!! I am ready and willing to do whatever it takes to prove to this company once and for all that they cannot just run over people like this. They have done it for ten years and I am the only one who ever spoke up. I spoke up anonymously and last week they found out all previous emails were from me.

Those emails cost some managers their jobs because of the things they let slip by. They didn't care about anything. Now the big wigs know that I'm the one that spoke up about all those managers. I feel that's why I was fired. In my opinion I was retaliated against because of those things in the past and not my previous email. PLEASE TELL ME I CAN DO SOMETHING.
chubbard is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
annjd
Top Level Member

Default Re: I seriously feel I was wrongfully terminated PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE

Managers can fire if they feel the situation is going to cause problems. It may have been better to tell her to her face so as not to appear to be hiding something.

I think you may have a tough case if you try to pursue it.
annjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #3
tammy

there is a law against a company terminating you for being a whistleblower if you can prove this is the real reason. this law is called The whistleblower law call your local EEOC office they can direct you to who you need to contact good luck
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
tammy

did the company have a open door policy, could this posibly be a race issue, check the constitution for freedom of speach could someone be afraid you wanted their job due to having seniorty/good work record think about this and dont give up keep researching there are alot of laws out there
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote