Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters > Adoption Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Jessica32305

Husband to adopt son

I recently got married( like a week ago). But i have been in a relationship with my husband for over 4 yrs. My son is 5 yrs old and he has only known my new husband as his father. I had DNA on my son and found out his bio father but he has had nothing to do with him for his whole life. So I was wondering if I need his bio father to sign over his rights so that my current husband can adopt him. And I also wanna know how long we have to wait in the state of Florida for my current husband to adopt my son.
Jessica32305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Husband to adopt son

I wish to inform you that the only way for your husband to adopt your son is if the biological father consents to terminating his parental rights or is unfit to be a father. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
Wenton

Default Re: Husband to adopt son

The bio father might be very happy to do so since it means he will no longer be responsible for child support.
And you could seek support payments at any time currently.