X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

EMS shipping? Scam possibility?

I bought an item through Amazon.com

The seller is from China and he sent me the item today. I also got a tracking number.

But when I try to track it with USPS.com it says the item was delivered to another person on July 14th? And the seller supposedly sent me my item today... I tried to track on the EMS site but it said no information is available.

Please help? Is this a scam?
  • Unregistered

Re: EMS shipping? Scam possibility?

www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp

Is this a scam site?

Comment

• Unregistered

EMS is just the delivery company. I'm not sure who you bought from but it sounds like that might be a scam. How did you pay?

Comment

• Unregistered

Its very possible it is a scam. They may have just pulled a number out of the air that they knew could possibly be a tracking number. You need to be very carefuly when ordering from China. If you paid via paypal, I would open a dispute if the seller cannot give an explanation for this.

Comment

• Unregistered

I ship millions of dollars of goods from all over Asia throughout the year and sometimes have manufacturers use EMS to ship smaller products because it is by far the least expensive method for small products. EMS works like the United Sates Postal Service does. If you ship something via USPS to China it will arrive via EMS.

EMS is not necessarily a scam. I actually have shipments in transit right now that I cannot seem to get the tracking number to register with USPS but they always arrive on time.

If I was you I wouldn't worry to much unless the package is a few days late.

Comment

• Unregistered

How long from China to the US does it take to arrive for you?

Comment

• Unregistered

I had a package arrive from China in 3 days to UK.
              The website is a little dicey but this service was excellent.
              I would agree that any problem is with your supplier.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                I bought an item through Amazon.com

The seller is from China and he sent me the item today. I also got a tracking number.

But when I try to track it with USPS.com it says the item was delivered to another person on July 14th? And the seller supposedly sent me my item today... I tried to track on the EMS site but it said no information is available.

Please help? Is this a scam?
                I am not that familiar with over-seas shipping, however you need to contact the seller. And make sure you at least google before you use something. I have never heard of EMS until I started shopping on DHgate.com, which is also "China Based". However, there should be other shipping options available. Choose a shipper that is more reliable ie: Fed-Ex or UPS

Comment

• Unregistered

hi, who ever can help me, i'm thinking of ordering so LCD tvs out of China and a supplier told me EMS offers a COD option, but i have not been able to contact EMS throught the telephone. I also need a good supplier, i don't know which supplier in China to Trust because i keep reading blogs on the net about many china companies scaming us companies or individuals, if anyone can help email me at [email protected]

Comment

• Unregistered

EMS is not a scam. I thought I was scammed last week by EMS. Wait about a week and use the tracking number.

Comment

• Unregistered

I too am awaiting a package via EMS, and I too got the message that it was "received" on a certain date, but rest assured. when they say "received" I believe that it means that is they date that the company 'received' the shipment, AKA that was when the seller acctually sent it. If you got the message that it was DELIVERED, then you would be in trouble <3

Comment

• Unregistered

I BUY FROM CHINA EVERY MONTH .AND THEY SHIP BY WAY OF EMS .IT TAKES SIX TO SEVEN DAYS TO GET MY SHIPMENT IN FLORIDA .WHEN IT GETS TO J.F.K AND CLEARS CUSTOMS YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEM FROM THE U.S.P.S. .WHEN IT LEAVES J.F.K. >

Comment

• Unregistered

I ordered from ebay. the seller says they do there shipping thruogh ems. I got a tracking no. that tracking no. said it was received on time but to somewhere else. Im still waiting. The seller says cant contact ems because they are celabrating the new year and they are closed untill feb 2. do I worry?

Comment

• unitboi
                            • Jan 2009

I ordered from ebay. the seller says they do there shipping thruogh ems. I got a tracking no. that tracking no. said it was received on time but to somewhere else. Im still waiting. The seller says cant contact ems because they are celabrating the new year and they are closed untill feb 2. do I worry?
                            I wouldn't worry to much about this if you ordered from eBay. The EMS offices are closed due to the Chinese New Year. As far as when you will get your product all depends on if EMS shipped it out of China before they closed their offices for the new year. If so, it should arrive at the normal time due to the fact that it might already be in USPS system. I hope this helps.

Comment

• Unregistered

me too im still waiting i make an order jan 24.and they said they are close till feb.31and feb 1, i receive e mail saying they already send the item but the tracking number that they give is not working.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...