Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User 63900932

Walgreens -- Employee "call loss prevention" is saying I took something

I work for Walgreens. I had an employee call loss Prevention saying I took something from the shelf and put it in my backpack. My boss did a bag search sand told her it was a sample sunscreen from the vender to try out. We called lp back and he didn't believe my story. I told him to verify it through the vendor. It was verified then the story changed that it was a gel that was taken. In the bag search my boss found nothing but the sample. This lp guy is out to get me. I have a meeting in the afternoon tomorrow and I'm pretty positive he's going to fire me. If that's the case do I resign or be fired? Help
  • Friend In Court
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Apr 2011
    • United States

re: Walgreens -- I had an employee "call loss prevention".

Do you have backup from the vendor that you can get in writing? Secondly, do you want to stay with Walgreen's? It would seem wise to protest a firing over being wrongfully accused of stealing for that can trail you when you attempt to get other employment. You might as well stand your ground and vigorously oppose this assault on your character. And be prepared to go after your boss for defamation. My recommendation would be to get the vendor to back you up and stand firm.

Comment

• Unregistered

re: Walgreens -- Employee "call loss prevention" is saying I took something

My boss believes me and has confirmed that I'm right but it the loss prevention agent that's after me. If he offers me to resign or be fired what do I do?
      LP cannot fire anyone. It has to be the manager that does the firing. If your manager backs you up then you have nothing to worry about

Comment

• sunlover
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Dec 2008

re: Walgreens -- Employee "call loss prevention" is saying I took something

LP has powers to do many things but the Store manager can override that if need be. Keep in mind if you resign you cannot collect unemployment so this is not wise. They really cannot fire you for theft if there is no theft. However there is way to claim theft even if a sample, display or tester. If manager is on your side you need his/her support on this. If your not fired you need to watch your back carefully LP are given BIG kudos for catching an internal theft which is probably why he is pressing this so much. Some retailers even have quotas or the like for both internal and external arrests or stops.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
          LP cannot fire anyone. It has to be the manager that does the firing. If your manager backs you up then you have nothing to worry about
          Loss prevention does the firing when theft is involved I worked for Walgreens and when someone is caught stealing they fire them and call police if they stealing money. I would fight them to the end in your case. It's bull my old manager use to give me all the samples etc from cosmetics.

Comment

• Unregistered

I would definitely go above LP or try to counsel with attorney. I just went through same and was terminated.

Comment

• raxtman2
              • Jan 2014

Re: Walgreens -- Employee "call loss prevention" is saying I took something

Stand your ground do not let them scare you into changing your story at all. Request that your manager sits in on the interview/meeting. If you are terminated go through any appeal process available with corporate. If you re not terminated and anything continues with this LP file harassment against him

Comment

• Disagreeable
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Oct 2012
                • United States

Really, this happened over 2 years ago. Please do not necro-post. Thx.

Originally posted by raxtman2
                Stand your ground do not let them scare you into changing your story at all. Request that your manager sits in on the interview/meeting. If you are terminated go through any appeal process available with corporate. If you re not terminated and anything continues with this LP file harassment against him
                Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• raxtman2
                  • Jan 2014

sorry DICK it was already at the top of my list!!

FYI no hyphen in necropost

Comment

• Disagreeable
                    Top Level Member
                    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                    • Oct 2012
                    • United States

Really, no one cares about your sexual proclivities.

Originally posted by raxtman2
                    sorry DICK it was already at the top of my list!!

FYI no hyphen in necropost
                    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Lexus
                      Top Level Member
                      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                      • Sep 2010
                      • United States

It is a matter of theft. As there is a meeting schedule with your LP you just go and meet LP, Let LP speak up his mind. If he is demanding your resignation, you can definitely go to manager and take his help with regard of the following matters. If still you are fired you can file a complaint in the court stating that they have terminated and fired you for theft of gel which you have not took from there, the court will definitely see the CC TV records. After analyzing the videos then only the court will make a Judgment.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Lexus
                        It is a matter of theft. As there is a meeting schedule with your LP you just go and meet LP, Let LP speak up his mind. If he is demanding your resignation, you can definitely go to manager and take his help with regard of the following matters. If still you are fired you can file a complaint in the court stating that they have terminated and fired you for theft of gel which you have not took from there, the court will definitely see the CC TV records. After analyzing the videos then only the court will make a Judgment.
                        Skull**** that necropost!

Comment

• 3rd year emp

I am facing a similar issue with a pair of socks that were being thrown out.
                          Manager said I could take them but then denies he said that.
                          I will let you know how it goes. Not sure if I am being fired or not. I am asking my lower manager to sit in.

Comment

• olive
                            Top Level Member
                            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                            • Mar 2008

They have a legal right to address this issue with you.

Somebody misunderstood somebody.

Hopefully you can explain why and how you believed you had permission.

Comment

• Not sure what to do

Loss prevention has asked me to come to a meeting Tuesday about some missing items.

Do I need to take a lawyer with me?
                              Can I refuse to go.

I think they are talking about some demo samples but if that is it I thought we were allowed to try them. They were all sitting there in a basket.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...