Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Divorce, Separation, Annulment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #1
con81

Question Expatriate Women's Rights for Divorce

I have several women clients who's husbands have declared they want a divorce since the family and/or couple arrived in Saudi Arabia. All are American citizen's. Some have children and some do not. The length of marriage is 4 years to 17 years. The common thread is the men hold the purse strings, locking the wives out of the financial information and are threating to get "EXIT ONLY" visas for their wives and force the wives to go back to the states.

Please help, I am trying to obtain advice since none of my clients currently have a set residency in the US any longer as they have Expatriate status.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Con81
con81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Expatriate Women's Rights for Divorce

What is it that the women want to do?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
con81

Angry Re: Expatriate Women's Rights for Divorce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is it that the women want to do?
One client wants to try to make her marriage work and wants to stay in Saudi with husband. She is afraid husband will have an "Exit Only" visa put into her passport if he gets ahold of it.

One client wants to stay in Saudi long enough to have her children graduate from boarding school. She is afraid that when she goes out the next time for a visit that her husband will have her visa cancelled and she will not be able to return. If this happens her children will no longer be able to attend boarding school because she cannot afford it on her own and she cannot count on her husband to pay for it. This is her daughter's senior year.

I believe both male spouses are being coached by someone on what to say and do to drive the women to leave so that they can then turn around and file for divorce on desertion.

Con81
con81 is offline   Reply With Quote