Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Business Contracts and Partnerships

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
centie
centie's Flag is: United States

Default My ex-husband made me the account holder on account with AT&T without my knowledge

My exhusband made me the account holder on his account with AT&T without my knowledge. We have not had anything together for 10 years, never AT&T it is his. AT&T acknowledged that they allowed this to happen, the account is in collections for $855.00. They do not have my SS# but have my name & address and I am the holder since 2/2016, they cannot remove this from my account until it is paid in full. Do I file a complaint against AT&T with an attorney? I have spent a lot of time since March trying to straighten this out.
centie is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-01-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: My ex-husband made me the account holder on account with AT&T without my knowledg

I wish to inform you that AT&T can allow you as account holder only with your consent. If you have never given your consent then your alleged agreement is not valid. You may file a case seeking court direction to AT&T to remove your name because your agreement is void or not valid in absence of your consent to form agreement.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No