• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • @confusedofw
    • Apr 2018
    • United Arab Emirates

CIVIL CASE AGAINST CREDIT CARD AGAINST BANK

I have filed a case against a UAE bank with
    regards to my credit card due to unrealistic interest rates and charges. And they have increased my credit limits several times from
    6,700 till it reached 93,000 without my knowledge. Though im regularly paying from July 2011, (start of my relationship)till Dec 2017. I stopped paying then from Jan 2018 since i
    noticed my balances still the same due to compounding int rates.
    plus the fact that i received so many threats like collector visitng my office to collect payment, complaining to my HR via email , reason of my suspension ,even saying they will hold my salary and files police case and put a travel ban in UAE, GCC and my homecountry. They even called my family back home and threaten them i will be in a difficult situation if i will not pay
    All these i have mentioned in ny complaint
    My questions are:
    1. Since my security chq is already presented since March 26, can i know if a police case is pending under my name. and how much fee involved for checking
    2. Is there a chance of winning the case i filed. The judgment date is on April 30,2018. Will the judge appoint an expert as per my request
    Presently, my total outstanding balance is Dh 90,000 plus..
    Kindly enlighten me if i have done the correct step
    Respectfully yours
    @confusedofw
  • @confusedofw
    • Apr 2018
    • United Arab Emirates

any reply thanks

Comment

• AFFA
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Dec 2009

Re: CIVIL CASE AGAINST CREDIT CARD AGAINST BANK

I wish to inform you that under the new law from December 2017, any amount below AED 200,000 is considered a civil matter unless fraud is involved. As your amount is below AED 200,000 it will be dealt with in the civil court and is not a criminal matter. Firstly, although a lawsuit has been filed by you, you may try and reach an out of court settlement with the other party. Secondly, in making a decision the Court will consider all the facts including fraud imposed upon you, threats, harassment, past payment record, etc. and the evidence supporting your allegations. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

• @confusedofw
        • Apr 2018
        • United Arab Emirates

Is the bank can file a police case even though a case is already pending in court? Are they allowed to do
        that?
        Secondly, is there a high probability that judge will transfer to expert my complaint. Since mainly im contesting the exorbitant fees plus
        harrassment made upon me. there is
        no fraud involved in this matter. And i have attached with legal translation the email which they have sent to my HR
        Kindly enlighten me in this case
        thanks many

Comment

• @confusedofw
          • Apr 2018
          • United Arab Emirates

awaiting your reply
          thanks

Comment

• Dontyouworry
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Jun 2017
            • United Arab Emirates

Originally posted by @confusedofw
            Is the bank can file a police case even though a case is already pending in court? Are they allowed to do
            that?
            Secondly, is there a high probability that judge will transfer to expert my complaint. Since mainly im contesting the exorbitant fees plus
            harrassment made upon me. there is
            no fraud involved in this matter. And i have attached with legal translation the email which they have sent to my HR
            Kindly enlighten me in this case
            thanks many
            You are probably wasting your time by doing all such, police,
            court, lawyers, judges and attorneys everyone knows that this is the way collection team of a bank or collection agencies work. You have to avoid all of that and just continue with your life, Atleast you are not paying them back so you should be expecting the harassment from them as that is the only way they try to hurt the defaulter. You should shoe them no sign of botheration and only that will make them stop doing this.
            www.uaedebtsolutions.com

Comment

• Dontyouworry
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • Jun 2017
              • United Arab Emirates

I have filed a case against a UAE bank with
              regards to my credit card due to unrealistic interest rates and charges. And they have increased my credit limits several times from
              6,700 till it reached 93,000 without my knowledge. Though im regularly paying from July 2011, (start of my relationship)till Dec 2017. I stopped paying then from Jan 2018 since i
              noticed my balances still the same due to compounding int rates.
              plus the fact that i received so many threats like collector visitng my office to collect payment, complaining to my HR via email , reason of my suspension ,even saying they will hold my salary and files police case and put a travel ban in UAE, GCC and my homecountry. They even called my family back home and threaten them i will be in a difficult situation if i will not pay
              All these i have mentioned in ny complaint
              My questions are:
              1. Since my security chq is already presented since March 26, can i know if a police case is pending under my name. and how much fee involved for checking
              2. Is there a chance of winning the case i filed. The judgment date is on April 30,2018. Will the judge appoint an expert as per my request
              Presently, my total outstanding balance is Dh 90,000 plus..
              Kindly enlighten me if i have done the correct step
              Respectfully yours
              @confusedofw
              There will not be any fee if you just walk into any police station to ask the details of your case, they would tell you the details but will not let you go back and you would be behind bars until they present you in front of the prosecution and then the court. To do a case check without you going to the station, you can email us at ****************************
              www.uaedebtsolutions.com

Comment

• @confusedofw
                • Apr 2018
                • United Arab Emirates

Good day,

Just to inform you that i have filed a commecial
                case already in court and judgement to be heard on end of April
                My question is if the bank is still allowed to file polcid
                case though i have started already
                Many thanks

Comment

• @confusedofw
                  • Apr 2018
                  • United Arab Emirates

Originally posted by Dontyouworry
                  There will not be any fee if you just walk into any police station to ask the details of your case, they would tell you the details but will not let you go back and you would be behind bars until they present you in front of the prosecution and then the court. To do a case check without you going to the station, you can email us at ****************************

Hi dont you worry. i have sent a private message for you. Waiting for
                  your kind reply. thanks

Comment

• @confusedofw
                    • Apr 2018
                    • United Arab Emirates

To Dontyouworry,

Awaiting your reply

Thanks and regards

Glenda

Comment

• @confusedofw
                      • Apr 2018
                      • United Arab Emirates

Hi dont you worry. i have sent a private message for you. Waiting for
                      your kind reply. thanks

hi

even if i show to police my case number which i have filed, they will still jailed me? i thought it would be only paying the fine
                      kindly enlighten

Comment

• Lexus
                        Top Level Member
                        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                        • Sep 2010
                        • United States

The decision of the court depends on how you pleaded your case. If you have submitted all evidences regarding the abnormal interest charges, unlawful collection practices done by collection agency and the bank and if the court is convinced in your pleadings you will be redressed by the court order. In this regard you should seek help of an expert lawyer to pursue your case.

Comment

• ccdebt
                          ☆☆
                          • Jul 2018
                          • Philippines

Originally posted by AFFA
                          I wish to inform you that under the new law from December 2017, any amount below AED 200,000 is considered a civil matter unless fraud is involved. As your amount is below AED 200,000 it will be dealt with in the civil court and is not a criminal matter. Firstly, although a lawsuit has been filed by you, you may try and reach an out of court settlement with the other party. Secondly, in making a decision the Court will consider all the facts including fraud imposed upon you, threats, harassment, past payment record, etc. and the evidence supporting your allegations. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
                          Hello AFF,

You said that the new law on bouncing check is now a civil case.? I thought that it is still criminal case but under misdemeanor.

Hope you can enlighten me on this matter.

Thanks

Comment

• willy
                            • Jul 2018
                            • Philippines

Hi,

I have a balance loan from Dunia Finance. November 2014, i found that they filed a police case when my visa was applied for cancellation. a 65,000 AED Police case was filed. Unfortunately my labor card was already cancelled by my PRO due to my transfer of employment. I negotiated with Dunia where i indeed up paying 30,000 AED to cancel my POlice case and get Police Clearance so we can process the cancellation of my visa (my labor card was already cancelled november 30, 2014 prior to my knowledge of having a police case).

Last week of December 2014, Dunia Finance released the NOC, but due to a long holiday on the last week of December my visa got cancelled after new year (January 2015). It was 8 days delayed/ over due from the 30 days grace period by Ministry of Labor for me to apply for a new visa. n short i got an automatic labor ban for 6 months.

its more than 3 years now i am still here in Philippines. Planning to return back to Dubai. Is it possible for me to pay the penalty only? and pay the remaining loan balance once i got a new job? need your advise please... Thank you very much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the answer is no... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...