X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • immigme
    • Feb 2012

cannabis card and H1B visa

Does possessing a Legal Medical Marijuana card create any issues during stamping of H1B Visa ?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: cannabis card and H1B visa

I wish to inform you that legal marijuana card does not restrict H1b visa to a person. Possession of legal marijuana card is allowed under law and thus may not be restricted under H1b. If the person satisfy all the condition of H1b visa then a person may not be thus stopped because of legal medical marijuana card.

AFF

Comment

• Basile
      • Jan 2018
      • United States

It looks like this will come up next year (2019), and relatively soon. Murphy strongly supports it. I understand there's still some opposition in the legislature.

What do people think? Are you for it, or against it?

I'm for it personally.

And in general pot news, I read this interesting article on a new article about the laws of medicinal marijuana in Ohio California.This is only possible if the defendant can prove to the court that the marijuana was only intended for personal consumption.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by immigme
        Does possessing a Legal Medical Marijuana card create any issues during stamping of H1B Visa ?
        You can only use it where you are allowed to use it--in the state where you received the card.

And technically it still could violate Federal law.
        Frankly I would avoid the issue if at all possible. Especially with Trump and his folks in office.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by immigme
          Hey how did it go , did you have any issues getting your h1b stamped or entering the country ?

Comment

• Highwayman
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Hey how did it go , did you have any issues getting your h1b stamped or entering the country ?
            Do you really think that the OP is still hanging around here just waiting to update you after more than 6 YEARS??

Comment

• radcliff
              • Dec 2016
              • United States

Ya never know...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...