Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Car Accident Claims

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2019, 04:46 AM   #1
slatech
slatech's Flag is: Macedonia

Default Father was in a car accident in Berlin

Im from Macedonia. My dad was in a car accident in Berlin 28.06.1997 and lost his life. I have some documents and passport but the problem is that I don’t have any documents from the car insurance. I know that those documents came from Germany here but clearly someone has been hiding those from me. I don’t know what happend. Maybe someone take money from car insurance but I don’t have any idea what happened.
I dont know what to do...should i go to Berlin and open a case or what.
slatech is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-27-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Father was in a car accident in Berlin

I wish to inform you that you may check details of car accident from German police. As accident has occurred resulting in death therefore police must have made some report about accident and this may provide you details of accident. You may therefore collect details from records of law enforcement authorities. However as now more then two decades have passed therefore your claim may be regarded as time barred or not enforceable.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

It is good to contact the Berlin law enforcement to get information of the accident case. You can also collect court documents to know if someone has claimed the insurance amount other than legal heirs.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2019, 07:48 PM   #4
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatech View Post
Im from Macedonia. My dad was in a car accident in Berlin 28.06.1997...
Good luck finding ANYTHING after 21 years. You should have dealt with this long ago. You can't "open a case" for anything.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote