Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Attorneys and Legal Ethics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2019, 03:54 AM   #1
Nape 3889
Nape 3889's Flag is: United States

Default Lawyers and ethics agreements

Do lawyers have to sign any kind of ethics documents when they are admitted to practice and if so is it a contract or agreement that they can e.g. be sued on?
Are there optional ethics agreements if not mandatory ones?

Thank you.
Nape 3889 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-03-2019, 05:07 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Lawyers and ethics agreements

I wish to inform you that a lawyer as a professional is having duty towards his client while dealing matter of his client and may therefore be liable if he violates those duties. Every bar association generally have some code of conduct for his attorney and Bar Association may take action if attorney violates those code of conduct. As a client you may file a case for negligence or professional misconduct against an attorney and may seek compensation.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nape 3889 View Post
Do lawyers have to sign any kind of ethics documents when they are admitted to practice...
NO.

Of course, you didn't mention your state.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2019, 05:21 AM   #4
Jonmorgan
Jonmorgan's Flag is: United States

This is actually not done!. You should complaint against them to the higher attorneys. But this you can only do when, you have any legal documents or proof where they have agreed to the taking Old charges from you, because without any legal document proof you can't prove them wrong with just a mouth statement. I would like to suggest you all, to, always have a document as a proof of agreement with lawyers. Last year when my dad wanted to do the wills and estate planning NJ. After they had a meeting, my dad submitted all the legal documents and, got the agreement proof from lawyers.
Jonmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2019, 10:43 PM   #5
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmorgan View Post
This is actually not done!. You should complaint against them to the higher attorneys. But this you can only do when, you have any legal documents or proof where they have agreed to the taking Old charges from you, because without any legal document proof you can't prove them wrong with just a mouth statement. I would like to suggest you all, to, always have a document as a proof of agreement with lawyers. Last year when my dad wanted to do the wills and estate planning NJ. After they had a meeting, my dad submitted all the legal documents and, got the agreement proof from lawyers.
What on Earth are you babbling about?
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote