•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jenner5ten
    • Mar 2019
    • United States

Judge was attorney to wife in past civil case

Can a judge hear a divorce case where he was the former attorney for my wife in another civil case?

It seems a little too cozy to me?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Judge was attorney to wife in past civil case

I wish to inform you that you may file an application for change of judge on the basis of conflict of interest. You may state in the application that as the judge was the former attorney for your wife in another civil case, therefore, the judge may not be able to hear your divorce case in an unbiased manner. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

Legally the past case will not stand as a restriction for the judge to hear the present case.

Comment

• adjusterjack
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • May 2016

Originally posted by jenner5ten
        Can a judge hear a divorce case where he was the former attorney for my wife in another civil case?

It seems a little too cozy to me?
        Your impression has nothing to do with anything. It's not necessarily a conflict of interests but you can ask the judge to recuse himself and see how that goes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...