USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

You either have ebay stock or work for ebay. or u never sold on ebay -

Comment

• Unregistered

I sold a wedding ring set to a buyer, her user name is iloveboston, Erin O'Conner of Milford, DE. The set consisted of two rings. A Halo engagement ring, and a wedding band that contours around the halo of the ring. When the set was packed and shipped. TWO rings were in the envelope. The rings are tied together with a plastic tag, that can not be torn, but in order to separate them, scissors have to be used to cut it off.
      This ring would look beautiful with two contour bands around it, however it only comes with one. The set is never sold separately. This buyer puts a claim in saying she only received the engagement ring.. impossible as I know what was in that envelope when packed and shipped. I am honest seller, with 100% feedback, and have been with ebay since 2001. I very rarely have problems with anyone. This buyer tried to scam another ring off of me, and I was not going to deal with that!! Ebay refunded this buyer AND she has my rings!!! Ebay refused to make her send the rings back to me. I am out of money and merchandise!

Count me in any lawsuit! By Ebay doing this, they are in all essence ACCESSORY TO THEFT!

Comment

• Unregistered

I have a situation in which my business, which I have had on ebay for over 10 years has been shut down by a buyer claiming that the item I sent them was never delivered. I sold them a Nikon D800 camera and shipped it via USPS first class post since we had just moved over to stamps.com and were trying to get rid of all of our old postage. Was it a smart way to ship? Probably not, but, nevertheless I boxed it up, plastered all the stamps on the box, and sent it on it's way. All was fine for some time, then ebay opened an Item Not Received case. I sent them the pictures of the way I packed it, including the sealed box with the buyers address and the correct postage, and was told that they would investigate. Less than a day later they made a "Final Decision" to refund the buyer's money and charged my account back for $1950. I have called them back to discuss it and they ask for a tracking number. I have explained that USPS first class mail doesn't have one, but I might as well have been trying to teach calc to a dog. In the end they suspended my account (on which I had sold thousands of dollars in products, paying ebay and paypal thousands of dollars in fees (many of the things I sell are hundreds or thousands of dollars)). So now I don't have my camera, which I paid $2150 for and sold for $1950 because I was short of cash, and I have a bill from ebay for $1950 for the camera I don't have. I contacted my senator who contacted the post office to try and investigate, but I haven't heard anything back. I also have several thousand dollars in merchandise which I now have no outlet to sell through. I provided photographic proof of shipping. The buyer provided only a statement that they didn't get it. I am willing to provide a sworn affidavit. I am a former military officer with a security clearance. I don't lie, cheat, or steal. I've never committed a crime. Yet my word, as well as my years of business and thousands in fees paid to ebay and paypal count for nothing. Please count me in! ken at advancedconceptselectronics dot com

Comment

• Unregistered

After 4 years of selling, I have just recently stopped listing items for sale on eBay due to this reason as well as a few buyers intentionally damaging my items to force returns after suffering from buyers remorse (finding items elsewhere for cheaper then wanting a refund) and eBay allowing this type of behavior. They also revoked my Power Seller status after those same buyers left 1 star feedback for "item as described" which is blatant abuse of the rating system that detracts from the percentage of honest feedback left by the rest of the community.

I would really like eBay to own up to this.
          My email: [email protected]
          eBay Seller id: millionzknivez

Comment

• Unregistered

They did the exact same with mine, only it was $600.
            I'm in.

Comment

• Unregistered

again, whats happening,

FINAL VALUE FEES FOR SHIPPING?????

AND WHAT ABOUT THE REAL ISSUE,, Charging sellers FINAL VALUE FEES FOR SHIPPING?????
              When they have nothing to do with me shipping items for the exact fee???? i WONT use their automated shipping fee calculator NOR use their shipping labels system---its all between me and the buyer,, YEY Ebay has been LEECHING me with this shipping charges fee since early 2011.

they have flat out stolen this money--and did nothing to earn it.

[email protected]

Comment

• Jianhui Lin

More important things would loss seller thousand dollars per year:

1. As soon as item sold, ebay bill and charge sell final fee, but transaction could be cancelled or ignored.
                2. Free listing promotions------- but hidden fee such as "International visibility" fees............
                3. Seller mistake list items and fee un-refundable.
                4. Forced partial refund but without fee refund.
                5. Seller mistake closed case by ebay web technically, system automatically refund to buyer and could not back up to fix error and get money back.
                6. Remove items from list due to Ebay exist and new policies, seller could not keep any description and pictures, I had Ebay store took me more than 3 years to set up and grew selling amount 2.7 millions and sold last year sold $57,075.62, named "Mingqingdynasty" was closed on May 6, 2014 without any notice. which was my full time job, and support my two kids family.

Comment

• restoredford

These final shipping fees from eBay, corrupt business tactic. Penalizing ALL sellers and eBay keeps the money. Think about this... every sale at least 50 cents shipping fees, do the math. 1 million sales, half a million in their pockets. This is just wrong. A lawsuit against eBay?? I'm in.

[email protected]

Comment

• Unregistered

I am interested in a class action suit against eBay. [email protected]

Comment

• Unregistered

I have the same issue with eBay. We (the Seller) give the buyer a partial shipping refund because shipping was less than expected or we combine items for the buyer and reduce the shipping costs; however, we NEVER get our fees back from eBay for "Final Value Fees on Shipping." I've asked eBay about it and the response is we just don't do that. How is it legal for eBay to keep our fees and profit from shipping and get away with it? Very frustrating! If anyone hears about a class action lawsuit for this reason, please let me know [email protected]. Thanks!

Comment

• chen8df

That forced partial refund option is one they have to stop.
                        It is always against the seller and as a few others note, it is usually when we are REDUCING the costs ourselves such as combining objects in the orders.

Originally posted by Jianhui Lin
                        More important things would loss seller thousand dollars per year:

1. As soon as item sold, ebay bill and charge sell final fee, but transaction could be cancelled or ignored.
                        2. Free listing promotions------- but hidden fee such as "International visibility" fees............
                        3. Seller mistake list items and fee un-refundable.
                        4. Forced partial refund but without fee refund.
                        5. Seller mistake closed case by ebay web technically, system automatically refund to buyer and could not back up to fix error and get money back.
                        6. Remove items from list due to Ebay exist and new policies, seller could not keep any description and pictures, I had Ebay store took me more than 3 years to set up and grew selling amount 2.7 millions and sold last year sold $57,075.62, named "Mingqingdynasty" was closed on May 6, 2014 without any notice. which was my full time job, and support my two kids family.

Comment

• LJJ

You may be better off to file your own action in arbitration or in small claims.

Any class action will only give you a very small return on your loss.

Comment

• hanna88

Does eBay put up a big fight when you sue them in small claims?
                            I don't want to make a big deal out of my issue but I just can't them to resolve anything with me at this point.

Comment

• pat309

They sent a paralegal type lawyer to my case last December.
                              They tried to settle but for a fraction of what was due me.
                              The judge gave me about 75% of what I was asking.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...