Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: Neighbors Videotaping

as you see above in many posts the police will stop it in many cases

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by loved08
      you can even make the sign yourself. write down when you make the sign & put it up. I'm sorry this is happening to you. there is an EVIL presence in this world & it's only getting stronger as the end nears.

1st. the sign.
      2-call the cops, MAKE them (DO NOT TAKE NO FOR THIS THEY *HAVE* TO LET YOU SIGN THIS & THEY HAVE TO SIGN IT TOO)
      MAKE them SERVE him w/ a trespass notice. he has to be SERVED BEFORE you can have him arrested for tres. 2 different occasions. you can fill it out w/ a cop then have them serve him. tell them you feel your safety, life, etc is in danger and you need to know what to do. the NEXT time a "COP" tells you to "NOT CALL" you need to get his name & badge #. he will be demoted for this. his **JOB** is PUBLIC SAFETY. they tend to forget this.
      4. document everything. this guy/girl is a harrassing *******. if you want to get him/her for "harasmt" you have to have 3 different (3rd being the actual arresting incident) documented that officers have come out, talked to him/her and you and you have filed a police report for this SPECIFIC crime, (him/her yelling, cussing-which is verbal assault, screaming insults, threatning you, etc.). THEN they will & have to arrest him/her. also-if you can get a $10 recorder that will fit in your pocket USE IT!!! go get a simple digital recorder and put it in your pocket EACH time he/she comes NEAR you or you go outside where they will be; record his ass yelling, cussing, etc. this is also evidence for when you go to trial. this will be important as the cops around here tend to think ppl (like us) make this **** up. ugh. if only.

another thing. i know it's all a lot to take in but dont' be afraid of him/her. (not that the following is tooo comforting..but know) it IS all in GOD'S plan for you. you can help yourself by the above mentioned; but be brave knowing he is protecting you. usually if you mention GOD/hell they get scared by thinking you're a "religious freak". idiots.
      good luck. get back to us. also-have a close relative that you trust document this too. try not to go outside in confrontation w/ this **** alone too often. this could be dangerous as charges tend to piss off some ppl. ha. if they shut their mouth it wouldn't be charged. also you can take him to small claims court and sue his ass for civil punishments. um...public humilition, damages to your car-house-etc, verbal assault, etc. all the things you want to paid for. sue him. judges wonder why we have soooo many lawsuits. hello? bc their slackass cop-friends don't do **** to protect us BEFORE someone gets killed. hello.
      I agree with your last statement and with what you are trying to say. My parents have been living across the street from a nut case and his son that is following in his foot steps threatening to kill my parents, putting nails under our cars so we can get into an accident with our children in the car. We have caught him on video tape doing these things and the most that was done was his pistol was taken away, no arrest, and his hunting guns he still has. It is so crazy to think something tragic has to happen before the law takes action, then what will it all mean when my parents are dead.

Comment

• Unregistered

Talk to the chief of the department. Many police departments will not permit such harassing taping.

...if you still need help contact world law direct and they may assign a lawyer to assist as they did in my situation--no more taping by the those nutcases and it is all over!!

Comment

• Unregistered

Videotaping the street and your own back yard is acceptable. However videotaping your kids in the back yard may not be. In Tennessee a anti-voyeurism bill was paased and anywhere public where an acceptable level of privacy is expected then you can't video tape or use a camera. This includes gyms,dressing rooms,upskirting/downblousing at a concert,etc. Try contacting your state representative to create a similiar law in your state. Also call social services and ask what guidelines are about your situation. They may be able to help. I tape my street and my driveway to avoid additional car breakins. If I don't have a problem I don't even watch the tapes. I will say that there also needs to be guidelines in place for the issue of security cameras. The police said tape the nieghbor who has been harrassing me and my family for they need the evidence but at the same time say the neighbor says I'm using the camera to harrass him every time the police are called out and they talk to him. I then have some of the officers say to quit taping the neighbor. I don't keep up with any of it unless he is cussing my family,stalking us and our guests or on our property. I have had him cut me off in traffic nearly causing a wreck and a lot of other stuff that is being called civil issues by police. Keep in mind that in some states that harrassment and trespassing are both civil and criminal. Police here in midddle Tennsseee mark the call civil,tell you they can't do anything about the matter and viola there is no paperwork/report done. On the officers end the matter is settled and if you don't ask for report that at least says "matter of record" then you won't have any outside documentation that anything went on at all. Ask for a matter of record each time an officer is out and if they won't help criminally pursue thing then by try small claims court. The fee for small claims court is affordable,no lawyer is needed, and you may get the injunction you seek to stop the neighbor. Collect all police reports,photos,your own videotapes,and letters from witnesses that have been notorized. good luck

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Hello. I am 65 years old and have lived in this neighborhood all of my life. I reside in Ohio, for those that need to know. I have always been surrounded by wonderful caring neighbors, but in the last 10 years that has changed. The neighbors across the street verbally harass me and my daughter, the father of the home constantly comes into my yard and dumps his leaf piles, and they also videotape our comings and goings, and it happened again today. I have called the police, but they have informed me that nothing can be done of the videotaping, and one officer told me to never call them again. I want to know what can be done to have the neighbor and his family stop videotaping us. Talking to them is not an option. I need advice fast, as this is causing me great stress. Thank you.
            PUT UP A CLOTHESLIN!!! WE DID BECAUSE OUR SICKO NEIGHBOR IS VIDEOTAPING US USING A CAMERA SET UP INSIDE HER HOUSE ON A TRIPOD. THE CLOTHESLINE GAVE US IMMEDIATE PRIVACY... WE HUNG CHEAP SHEETS IN AN ARRAY OF COLORS & ALSO SOME RELLY SKIMPY UNDEREWEAR FACING HER SIDE... WE CAN FINALLY ENJOY OUR YARD AGAIN!!! GOOD LUCK

Comment

• Unregistered

Creative response!

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Postman
                This pedophile thing is getting out of hand. put your kids in burkas or keep them inside. Walmarts stores have an hundreds of video cameras, even in childrens wear. By your deductions Walmart is a pedophile.

There is something seriously wrong with you Postman. Why should she keep her kids in when it is the harrasser should be jailed or tied up in a white suit, committed and key thrown away!!!!!

You have obviously NEVER experienced anything so unsettling and I would venture to guess that you also have no children of your own.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Unregistered

I believe if you can stand outside and see it, you can record it. I have cameras up on my own property and it shows portions of my neighbors property as well, and for good reason which I won't go into. BUT I was told by the chief of police here in a small PA town that I am within my rights to do so and I'm not breaking any wire tapping laws unless I have audio, which I do not. I wish I did however as all of his harassment now is verbal .. since putting up the cameras of course he can't get away with the stuff he had been doing before. If someone is verbally harassing me why can't I tape the conversation without his consent and use it in court if it comes down to a he said, she said case? It just seems so unfair my family has to live this way.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    Hello. I am 65 years old and have lived in this neighborhood all of my life. I reside in Ohio, for those that need to know. I have always been surrounded by wonderful caring neighbors, but in the last 10 years that has changed. The neighbors across the street verbally harass me and my daughter, the father of the home constantly comes into my yard and dumps his leaf piles, and they also videotape our comings and goings, and it happened again today. I have called the police, but they have informed me that nothing can be done of the videotaping, and one officer told me to never call them again. I want to know what can be done to have the neighbor and his family stop videotaping us. Talking to them is not an option. I need advice fast, as this is causing me great stress. Thank you.

Look up Intrusion Laws then click your state

Comment

• Unregistered

Look up Intrusion Laws then click your state Good luck

Comment

• Unregistered

I hd the same issue along with verbal abuse on my self and children. I went to court and was issued a None Haras order, she can not talk to me directly or indirectly. She then started on my wife now my wife and children and another nieghbor has the same order. it has worked. The judge told her she would be arrested and her children put in foster care if she broke it.

Comment

• Unregistered

I just kinda curious I have run into about the same problem neighbor boy is a little jerk and is on papers I videoed him cutting across my property and called the sheriff. the deputy asked what I wanted to do I told him since he was on papers I would cut him a break cause he would go back to prison. now the little ****** head sits out there at night and shoots a gun that is probably some one elses but hes not suppose to be handling it period he knows I video my property and could call the law and have him thrown back in jail, just wonder if he thinks he is setting me up to be sued or what??????

Comment

• Unregistered

Can my neighbors point a video camera at our driveway?

It does not seem to be pointed at the house but it IS pointed at the drive way about 40 yards to the left of the house--so they can it appears video everybody arriving.
                            It seems creepy to me and should be illegal? Is it?

Iowa mom

Comment

• Disagreeable
                              Top Level Member
                              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                              • Oct 2012
                              • United States

Double post.
                              Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Unregistered

My local police said we cannot (or should not) point the camera directly at the neighbor's house for the sole purpose of videoing the neighbor, but if the overall picture does pick up part of the neighbor's place that is perfectly legal.

Seems kind of fuzzy to me. But okay.

My neighbor called the cops.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...