USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Bed bug problems reason to break lease asap?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Bed bug problems reason to break lease asap?

State: Michigan

If I've only been living in an apartment for one week and am having bad bug problems, is it true that I can vacant before thirty day of living there.
  • able1
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Feb 2007

Re: Bed bug problems reason to break lease asap?

If it is severe and cannot be resolved then yes that is reason to break the lease.

But you also need to let the LL try to resolve.

Comment

• Megi

I have the same problem, I've moved in and after few days I had bites all around my body. I didn't see the bed bugs though. The apartment is carpeted so maybe they hide there. I told the administration about it and I show them my bites. I've never had something like that before. Looks like they knew what it was. I asked and the lady said that they had this problem in another building. They said they will provide a pest control, I have to follow all rules from check list, which means I have to wash and dry everything and keep it in sealed plastic bags for 2 weeks!!! I don't want to live there anymore, because I was suppose to buy a furniture and now I'm afraid that this will come back. I've sign the contract for 1 year, according to the lease I have 30 day when I can break it, but I have to pay them 2 mo rent if I will do it. So in this case can I do something to avoid this fee? I've already spent quit a lot of money for washing everything, and I also thrown away some of my staff

Comment

• MaxnD
        • Jun 2018
        • United States

You can try resolving it by contacting professional pest control - theeliminator.com.au

Comment

• adjusterjack
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • May 2016

Originally posted by MaxnD
          You can try resolving it by contacting professional pest control - theeliminator.com.au
          Thanks for spamming an 8 year old thread.

smh.

Comment

• Unregistered

Do I have to stay in an apt that has bedbugs the day I moved in?
            It's too gross to live there.
            I wanna break my year lease.

I want out ASAP - NOW!

Comment

• Highwayman
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Unregistered

I want out ASAP - NOW!
              If you have a question start your own thread. This one isn't yours and it over 8 years old.

Comment

• Wenton2
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Sep 2016
                • United States

Originally posted by Unregistered

I want out ASAP - NOW!
                You normally need to give the landlord a chance to fix the problem.
                And he or she must do so promptly.
                Any national reputable pest control firm can resolve that bedbug issue normally.
                But if the problem cannot be fixed for some odd reason, then you do have reason to break the lease. You are not required to live with bedbugs present.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...