Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters > Drugs Charges

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
s0beit

Default New Jersey - At least 1 of the 2 drug charges will stick to my record forever?

So i had a conditional discharge for 2 counts of Possession of Marijuana. I was put on a 6 month supervisory program by the probation office. Shortly thereafter, i signed an admission of guilt stating that i had smoked marijuana a week prior to visiting my probation officer. I came back 30 days later and took a swab test. Ive been told i failed said test and dont know how. I have been clean during this entire time (since the day i admitted to smoking marijuana) and just dont understand. I now have a new court date for july and have some questions for the experts...

Mainly, how does this happen?
Is the swab test a reliable test?
Is it accurate?
Can the timing be too close together from my admission of guilt to the time of the test?
Can it be from anything i ate?

By going back to court, they will put me on probation and my conditional discharge will be over. Which means atleast 1 of the 2 drug charges will stick to my record forever. I am trying to join the Marines so that would be a very bad thing since you can not join the military with any kind of drug charge. That being said, what can i do to help my situation?
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
LJ Admin

Default Re: New Jersey - I had a conditional discharge for 2 counts of Possession of Marijua

Double post.

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumtri...swab-test.html
LJ Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No