Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Other Labor Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
Unregistered

Angry Time period employer has to pay employee

My check was cut to me and it was short 50%. The company says that they lost a contract and that I may not be getting paid because they didn't get paid. The shortage occurred in my hourly rate, commission, and bonuses. Legally, how long does an employer have to give me my money before I can make a complaint with the Texas Workforce Commission or sue the hell out of them?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
able1
Top Level Member

Default Re: Time period employer has to pay employee

You can file now--they cannot do that.
able1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Time period employer has to pay employee

I work at waffle house in Florida and waffle house pays there employees in cash. Payday is at 2pm sunday morning every week. This week they did not pay us do to a shortage of cash. What can I and my fellow employees do about this? If I can't pay my bills as a result can I sue for damages? I just want the money I worked for. Please help.