Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #351
jabongga
jabongga's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: UAE Travel Ban for Credit Card Debt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
5050 AED which you paid to Abu Dhabi Police was a security deposit (Bail) which is refundable. As you have already paid the court fine and if the total fine is not inclusive of 5050 AED you paid to Abu Dhabi police, you need to visit the same police station where you paid the security deposit with the receipt of fine payment and request for the refund of 5050 AED.

The fine you paid is to the court for the Crime of Cheque Bounce and that has nothing to do with the bank, the Bank has now an option to file a civil case against you to claim the outstanding including the legal fees paid by them to the court. Thus, legally you are liable to Dunia as they have their legal options of claim. Banks were not filing any civil cases after the closure of Cheque Bounce case as it involves a huge legal fees but they have now started to file civil cases as well due to defaulters get away with just a court fine.
one more question, ask of now I haven't pay the court fine coz I'm still asking for help for our company because 14k is huge amount for me and I donh have such amount in my hand, do you think the court allowed installment basis to pay the fine? after I pay the court fine, they will allow me to have vacation? they will not hold me in the immigration?
jabongga is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #352
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabongga View Post
one more question, ask of now I haven't pay the court fine coz I'm still asking for help for our company because 14k is huge amount for me and I donh have such amount in my hand, do you think the court allowed installment basis to pay the fine? after I pay the court fine, they will allow me to have vacation? they will not hold me in the immigration?
No, the court will not allow fines of criminal case to be paid in installments and in full. If the fine issued is not paid in full, the defendant will be take to prison and only released after the fine is paid. Once you pay the court fine, the case on you will be closed and you can also request the authorities for a case clearance letter for your reference, you can then travel unless and you will not be held in the immigration unless there are no new cases filed on you meanwhile. For more details on the same, send us an email and will take it forward from there.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2020, 08:05 AM   #353
jabongga
jabongga's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: UAE Travel Ban for Credit Card Debt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
No, the court will not allow fines of criminal case to be paid in installments and in full. If the fine issued is not paid in full, the defendant will be take to prison and only released after the fine is paid. Once you pay the court fine, the case on you will be closed and you can also request the authorities for a case clearance letter for your reference, you can then travel unless and you will not be held in the immigration unless there are no new cases filed on you meanwhile. For more details on the same, send us an email and will take it forward from there.
how about my balance in dunia? or the check amount that they presented? am i going to pay?
jabongga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2020, 08:18 AM   #354
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabongga View Post
how about my balance in dunia? or the check amount that they presented? am i going to pay?
You outstanding with Dunia doesn’t go away, it remains the same and what you pay as fine goes to the court and not Dunia. The cheque amount bounced will not be demanded from you now as the court has imposed a fine on you. After this case is closed, if Dunia wants to claim the outstanding then it can only be through a civil case, if such case is filed, you would have to pay the outstanding in full including any legal charges costed to Dunia. Be a little cautious about the civil case as banks have started filing it irrespective of the outstanding. For detailed discussions on the same, send us an email and will take it further.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote