•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KyleW
    • Mar 2017
    • United States

Boss who is EXTREMELY verbally abusive, harassing

I have a boss who is EXTREMELY verbally abusive, harassing (harassment), intimidating, yelling and screaming and cussing, and humiliates employees in front of peers to ALL personnel that works under him. I even have him cussing ME out in front of peers on my cell phones voice recording using the "F" word numerous times and another foreman on recording saying he could hear him 2 bays away.

Other co-workers including myself have been to front office about this disrespectful and humiliating demeanor numerous times but nothing gets done about it. Other employees have suggested we sue the company and that they would also come forward to testify or make it a Class Action Lawsuit.
    What can i do??? What Legal right(s) do i have to pursue???
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Boss who is EXTREMELY verbally abusive, harassing

What can you do?

You can find yourself another job.

That upper management does nothing about this should speak volumes to you about their support of potty mouth.

There is no class action here and an individual action needs to involve a "hostile work environment" which this might or might not be.

Check out this Wikipedia article. It refers to a Supreme Court case decision that explains HWE.

Comment

• Unregistered

Who is the management there?

They should be removed by the owners - - or are owners the management?

I agree get out if you can.

Comment

• Wenton2
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2016
        • United States

If multiple employees complain, it is hard to believe in today's legal environment that the management or owners of the company would allow that to continue.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by KyleW
          I have a boss who is EXTREMELY verbally abusive, harassing (harassment), intimidating, yelling and screaming and cussing, and humiliates employees in front of peers to ALL personnel that works under him. I even have him cussing ME out in front of peers on my cell phones voice recording using the "F" word numerous times and another foreman on recording saying he could hear him 2 bays away.

Other co-workers including myself have been to front office about this disrespectful and humiliating demeanor numerous times but nothing gets done about it. Other employees have suggested we sue the company and that they would also come forward to testify or make it a Class Action Lawsuit.

I had the same situation and all 14 employees under him signed a petition that I made and they fired the a-hole yesterday!!
          And good riddance it was!!
          So never feel you HAVE to take that kind of nonsense.

Comment

• Disagreeable
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Oct 2012
            • United States

There is no law against being sworn at or yelled at by your boss. Perhaps you should leave and find a job you are better at.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Well the law should change.

Comment

• Christopher A
                • Sep 2020
                • Canada

The very first thing you can do is to file a detailed complaint against your boss to the companies higher authority. That would be a preferable move. If there is no response from them, just go and consult a lawyer and file a case for harassment. Our law is always favourable for women.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher A

The very first thing you can do is to file a detailed complaint against your boss to the companies higher authority. That would be a preferable move. If there is no response from them, just go and consult a lawyer and file a case for harassment. Our law is always favourable for women.
                  The tide of history is finally turning against these male-dominated abusive firms!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW

Join the Great Resignation! It was the best thing I ever did!!

Comment

• blest55
                      • Jun 2022
                      • United States

I would get out of there as quickly as you can, there's no need to have a job that you dont like!!

Comment

And I just did the same thing myself! What a relief!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...