Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
solaris
solaris's Flag is: Philippines

Default Unpaid Loan with Mashreq Bank

Good Day Admins, I have an unpaid personal loan with Mashreq Bank for the amount of 200K AED, i lost my job and had difficulty finding one, the bank got hold of my end of service benefit worth 60K AED and so I decided to come back to the Philippines since I really couldn't pay the loan and I haven't found a job.

Question is I want to work in the Philippines, how true that Mashreq Bank is filing cases on our country thru a partner bank? In our country if you dont have an NBI Clearance you cannot work to any company because it is a requirement. If you have a case, NBI couldn't issue a clearance because you need to settle your case.

Hopefully, felllow Filipinos can help me out on this. Thank you.
solaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Unpaid Loan with Mashreq Bank

I wish to inform you that bank may file a civil case against you. In Philippines debt default is not a criminal offence and therefore only civil action may be taken. Further partner bank may not file a case as partner bank being a separate legal identity does not have any agreement with you.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 07:31 AM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that bank may file a civil case against you. In Philippines debt default is not a criminal offence and therefore only civil action may be taken. Further partner bank may not file a case as partner bank being a separate legal identity does not have any agreement with you.

AFF
thank you very much for your reply. follow up question, how long does it take for the bank to file a case, do they file cases immediately as soon as you default for let say 2 months?

Old 01-18-2019, 03:50 PM   #4
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris View Post
Good Day Admins, I have an unpaid personal loan with Mashreq Bank for the amount of 200K AED, i lost my job and had difficulty finding one, the bank got hold of my end of service benefit worth 60K AED and so I decided to come back to the Philippines since I really couldn't pay the loan and I haven't found a job.

Question is I want to work in the Philippines, how true that Mashreq Bank is filing cases on our country thru a partner bank? In our country if you dont have an NBI Clearance you cannot work to any company because it is a requirement. If you have a case, NBI couldn't issue a clearance because you need to settle your case.

The bank, collection agencies or any local law firm in your country will only try to scare you with threats of filing a case in your Home country for a liability which you have from the UAE. Apply for your NBI clearance and it has nothing at all to do with the liability from the UAE or even if you have a case in the UAE. Worst which can happen is that you will have a case of cheque dishonor in the UAE and nothing else.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 10:36 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
The bank, collection agencies or any local law firm in your country will only try to scare you with threats of filing a case in your Home country for a liability which you have from the UAE. Apply for your NBI clearance and it has nothing at all to do with the liability from the UAE or even if you have a case in the UAE. Worst which can happen is that you will have a case of cheque dishonor in the UAE and nothing else.
Thank you very much!

Old 01-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #6
keannu
keannu's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris View Post

I had defaulted my credit cards and loan in UAE on 2015. My credit card debts and loan is definitely much higher than yours. Right now I am still free and going out in and out of my home country. Start a new life and avoid debts from now on. If all the threats in your home country is true how come I am still free and nothing happens to my property. If a collector visit your place slap him in the face
keannu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 09:19 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by keannu View Post
I had defaulted my credit cards and loan in UAE on 2015. My credit card debts and loan is definitely much higher than yours. Right now I am still free and going out in and out of my home country. Start a new life and avoid debts from now on. If all the threats in your home country is true how come I am still free and nothing happens to my property. If a collector visit your place slap him in the face
Thank you sir for your reply. It was really a lesson learned.