X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mona Lisa
    • Jul 2014

Fraudulent Trading Practices & Breach of Contract

I have been in dispute with a supposedly reputable organization for the past 8 years over an online purchase that arrived "significantly not as described". Under the organization's Buyer Protection Policy, the organization offers comprehensive protection if an eligible transaction encounters a problem, i.e if an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, they promised to give a full refund of the payment, however, the organization failed to refund the payment to this day. I have satisfied all the relevant complaints process and as I seem to have exhausted all recourse available to me as a consumer and the dispute has been ongoing for the past 8 years now without any success, I would like to make a s33 limitation act application to the court to enable me to take this matter further, if not, please advice on what other steps I could take to get justice on this case.
  • Mack10

Re: Fraudulent Trading Practices & Breach of Contract

You could sue in small claims court and/or file a complaint with your state attorney general's office.

The AG's do often help resolve these kinds of issues.

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

If you had not initiated any legal action against the company till now your chance to file the case after 8 years is not reasonable and you could not avail the favor of s33 limitation.

Comment

• Mona Lisa
        • Jul 2014

I had previously received judgment against the seller in the small claims court, however, the seller failed to make a refund to date because the giant organization that is the cause of this problem did its best to hinder me from enforcing the judgment. Given that the organization has a Buyer Protection Policy to refund payment to a buyer if a transaction went wrong and I had qualified for this, yet my refund remains unpaid to date. As this matter has been ongoing for the past 8 years and those organizations that I have continued to seek assistance from such as, the Financial Ombudsman Services, the Trading Standards Offices, the Citizens’ Advice Bureau, the BBC Watchdog, the BBC R.I.P Off Britain etc., etc., have proved useless. Meanwhile, I have ample evidence available to prove to the courts that the organization deliberately hindered me from enforcing the judgment against the seller in the first instance. With the chain of events, I feel I may still have legal recourse in making a s33 limitation act application to the courts to enable me to move this matter forward. In addition, there are also thousands of online links available to provide sufficient evidence to the courts about this giant organization's fraudulent trading practices, about how it has continued to get away with treating thousands of customers with impunity and about how it has continued to behave as though it is above the laws of the UK, therefore, I will not stop to pursue this giant organization until I get justice, I have also taken the matter to Europe and I am awaiting a response, any helpful contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Mona Lisa
          • Jul 2014

I had previously received judgment against the seller in the small claims court, however, the seller failed to make a refund to date because the giant organization that is the cause of this problem did its best to hinder me from enforcing the judgment. Given that the organization has a Buyer Protection Policy to refund payment to a buyer if a transaction went wrong and I had qualified for this, yet my refund remains unpaid to date. As this matter has been ongoing for the past 8 years and those organizations that I have continued to seek assistance from such as, the Financial Ombudsman Services, the Trading Standards Offices, the Citizens’ Advice Bureau, the BBC Watchdog, the BBC R.I.P Off Britain etc., etc., have proved useless. Meanwhile, I have ample evidence available to prove to the courts that the organization deliberately hindered me from enforcing the judgment against the seller in the first instance. With the chain of events, I feel I may still have legal recourse in making a s33 limitation act application to the courts to enable me to move this matter forward. In addition, there are also thousands of online links available to provide sufficient evidence to the courts about this giant organization's fraudulent trading practices, about how it has continued to get away with treating thousands of customers with impunity and about how it has continued to behave as though it is above the laws of UK, therefore, I will not stop to pursue this giant organization until I get justice, I have also taken the matter to Europe and I am awaiting a response.

Comment

Do you ever get them???
            I am stuck on a similar path here in London.

Comment

8yrs--that is crazy. You lost your rights.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...