Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions and Defective Products

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2019, 11:54 PM   #1
SBL_USA
SBL_USA's Flag is: United States

Default How do I substantiate my hours spent for the Equifax lawsuit?

I would like to add hours to my claim on the Equifax lawsuit as they are reimbursing $25 per hour for up to 10 hours. Do you know:

1) What is the minimum documentation that I'd need to substantiate that I worked 10 hours? Is a time sheet enough or do I need more?
2) Is this money part of the same pool of the $125 claim Equifax is providing or is this a separate pool of money? I ask because a lot of people are filing claims on the Equifax class action. And I might not bother with the hours report if it's all coming from the same pool of money.

Thank you in advance. I've been reading some of the posts here. What a great community.
SBL_USA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-03-2019, 09:57 AM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: How do I substantiate my hours spent for the Equifax lawsuit?

The claim papers you got should tell you what you need to submit.

Any class action that I've ever gotten claim papers for have been quite clear on the documentation required.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that Equifax will pay at least $380.5 million into a restitution fund and an additional $125 million to cover out-of-pocket costs if the restitution fund is used up. Claims may be submitted under penalty of perjury. You may read the FAQ section of the Settlement Administrator’s Website to understand if you are eligible to make the claim.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2019, 07:19 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

If your information was compromised during the massive 2017 Equifax data breach, you could be entitled to compensation. The Federal Trade Commission has opened up an online claims process where affected consumers can file a digital form (or print one out and send it in) to claim some of that settlement. The deadline to submit a claim is January 22, 2020. Consumers can submit claims for any time they had to spend dealing with data breach — $25 per hour, up to 20 hours, according to the FTC. The claims form notes that if you claim 10 hours or less of compensation, you’ll need to write out the actions you took and an estimate of the time you spent on each task. If you claim over 10 hours, you need to submit supporting documents “showing fraud, identity theft, or other misuse of your personal information.”
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote