Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Courts, Decisions, Appeals

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
psychoticwitch
psychoticwitch's Flag is: Philippines

Default unpaid loan/text blast

Hi Good morning , I have past due balance from different lending apps, i used to have good credits however last July i lost my phone and that's the time that i wasn't able to pay the bill on time, the reason why i had apply for several loan company was because i used the money to pay the other loan and the rest is history. I sent email to those apps about doing repayment however some of them just reply once and no other email received from them. And I just checked my email today and i saw an email from Ms Zulueta that the acct i have with Upeso is now endorsed to their law firm ( Atty Ronald Macalanda ) they said they will file a small claim because of me not paying them.
I am also dealing with other loan apps ( Crazyloan/handlyloan/loanchamp/pesoloan) they kept on sending messages to my contacts list about me being past due they included my bal as well as threatening me saying i am blacklisted to NBI and im facing some legal action ) those text messages was forwarded to me via messenger and i feel ashamed to those people who received those messages, im emotionally stress whenever my phone rings because my mindset is someone is forwarding messages about my loan again, they're emotionally draining me, and my husband said that a certain police officer is looking for me, he was advised by one of our neighbor that the said officer is asking where i live coz he will ask me some question. Im scared and i feel like breaking down i know its my responsibility but me being put on such shameful situation is unbearable. Can someone help me on this? what to do?
psychoticwitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: unpaid loan/text blast

I wish to inform you that with the enactment of the Philippine Credit Card Industry Regulation Law, a credit card issuer or collection agent shall not harass, abuse, oppress any person or engage in any unfair practices, as may be defined by BSP. (Sec. 19). You may report the matter of harassment to law enforcement agencies and request for a halt to the harassment. Moreover, debt default is a civil matter and not a criminal matter in the Philippines.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: unpaid loan/text blast

Consumers should face the facts and deal with debt collectors, but also know and understand their rights and protections. Harassment by a debt collector can come in different forms but examples include repetitious phone calls intended to annoy or abuse, obscene language, and threats of violence. The Philippines Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is aimed at eliminating abusive debt collection practices and to protect consumers in general against debt collection abuses. In the Philippines, consumer protection is under the jurisdiction of the Central Bank of the Philippines. Contact the Financial Consumer Protection Department of the bank to file a complaint.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote