Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > Doing Business in China

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
TechEye

Thumbs down Warning about Shen Nan International - Scam/Fraud

I am writing this to warn anyone else that might be thinking of doing trade with the company that goes by the name of Shen Nan International Co Ltd, they seem to deal main in mobile phone cases.

Firstly their details

Company & Address:
Shen Nan International Co Ltd
Chen Xiao Bing
Rm 8, No 6 Xue Fu Road
Nan Shan District
Hong Kong
Chung Hom Kok
Hong Kong

Western Union Details:
Name: HONG BIN YE
Street Address 1: 6P XIANDAIZHICHUAN
Street Address 2: FU TIAN
City/Town: SHENZHEN
State/Province/Region: GUANGDONG
Post Code: 518000

The contact email used: fernyeye@163.com &
Contact Names:
Fern Ye
Ann Hu

I won’t bore you with all the details but I made an order for 200units, it took them only an hour to take the Western Union payment. After many emails and weeks of anxious waiting they said they had shipped my order, but the catch being that only 100 units had been sent.

I queried the error and asked them to send the rest of the units. At this point they claimed they’d sent the full 200. I sent them proof that they hadn’t sent the 200 I’d paid for (the box dimensions being too small, weight on invoice being half what it should be etc) Now they are ignoring all communications and clearly don’t intend sending the other half of the order.

I’m out a few hundred dollars, so just wanted to put the word out that these guys are less than honest in their business dealings. Or maybe just stupid. The end result is pretty much the same for me though.
TechEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Warning about Shen Nan International - Scam/Fraud

I wish to inform you that you may report matter to law enforcement agencies. In this regard you may also report to Chambers of Commerce and law enforcement of China and Hong Kong. In this regard they may take action and other party may compensate you for your loss.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
TechEye

Thank you for that information, I will have a look at my options.
Do you have any recommendation on the best way to report this to the Chambers of Commerce and law enforcement of China and Hong Kong?
Thanks again for your reply.
TechEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Grace

As the money was sent to the person by western Union,
when they got the money the bank or the WU office requires a ID card copy of the person,
You can call the police in Shenzhen city and find them out.
then you can ask the money back if they can not provide proof they've sent you goods.

From our experiences in dealing with similar cases,
we also consider a local helper with such experiences can solve it in a simple way rather than a lawsuit, which is cheaper. If you can provide more details of the Money receiver like contact info.

Good luck
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote