Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Divorce, Separation, Annulment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2019, 09:16 PM   #1
Beerus
Beerus's Flag is: Philippines

Default Divorce in malaysia

Hello Good day, i just want to ask something regarding the DIVORCE here in Malaysia. My sister got marriage to a Malaysian chinese way back in 2010 and they had a son. Since they had a baby his husband cheated on her and since 2016 they are separated/or not living together. And one of the friend of his husband told my sister that his husband is living together with someone else and told her to go to there place to caught them in person. And also their son told her about this his son is only 6 years old. Then in 2017 his husband runaway with their son and he don't want my sister to see their son unless they got divorce. And now his husband is forcing her to sign a divorce paper and threatening her that if she didn't sign she will never see their son again. My sister don't have enough money to fight and the lawyer of his husband is also forcing her and harassing her to sign. Is there any free or public lawyer here in johor bahru malaysia. Thanks alot
Beerus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-14-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Divorce in malaysia

In this regard your sister should first file a complaint with the law enforcement regarding the parental kidnapping. She should also file a case for the custody of her son by showing that the father of the child is living with other woman. It is good to consult with a lawyer to get information on how to proceed with the case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No