Timeshare scam Panama / Dominican Republic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest
    Is there a buyer's remorse law in Dominican Republic? I bought 4 days ago the legendary vacation program at Hard Rock Punta Cana, not what I expected!
    I've been looking and found nothing. Did you get to cancel?

Comment

I can tell you one thing, if you are from another country they will never come and collect, no matter what they say, cuz they know they are partly scammers..

Been there!!

Comment

We have the same issue with Grand Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana. We sent a cancellation letter through lawyer within 3 days but seems like there is no rescission period in Dominican Republic. Any idea or suggestions from anyone if this will come back to bite us in USA ?

Comment

I can tell you one thing, if you are from another country they will never come and collect, no matter what they say, cuz they know they are partly scammers..

Been there!!
          Did this happen to you before and what did you do?

Comment

Congress needs to outlaw all those time shares. I never saw one worth anything,

Comment

Why anybody EVER buys those time shares is beyond me, doesn't everybody know it's a rip off?

Comment

• Lexus
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Sep 2010
                • United States

It works for some people. You just need to do your research and figure out how much time you really can be there.
                And certainly don't buy during one of those margarita lunches they love to have in Mexico e.g. to get you to sign.

Comment

You have to avoid those timeshares like the plague, they are nothing but trouble and a quicksand of nightmares.

Comment

Hi have never heard of a single timeshare situation that people are satisfied with.I think frankly they just all have to be avoided.

Comment

I have been stuck in a timeshare for several years as well come on not the one in this but they all seem the same to me. Just designed to get your money.

Comment

Shouldn't they make these timeshares illegal given all of the problems that everybody has with them? I have never heard anybody that satisfied with one.

Comment

Shouldn't they make these timeshares illegal given all of the problems that everybody has with them? I have never heard anybody that satisfied with one.
                          I've been trying for four years to get rid of one, that just cost me 95 bucks every month and I've really never been able to use it basically.

Comment

Is it possible to sue these guys running these timeshare scams, I mean can I sue them in small claims court Or do I have to hire some expensive attorney or what?

Comment

• Gallant
                              ☆☆☆☆
                              • Sep 2016
                              • United States

You certainly can try to sue the company in small claims court. it might help but if you get a judgment there you will still have to enforce it wherever they are located, so it would be best to sue them where they are located if possible, and if that's in a foreign country that may be difficult. But if they are in a foreign country it's also difficult for them to enforce against you in the US, something to think about.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...