Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Wiki Articles and Off-Topic Messages > Law Articles > Legal Help

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
LJ Support
Super Moderator

Default Personal Injury Lawyers

Do I have a personal injury case?

You have a case if the actions of another individual operating an automobile, truck, airplane, motorcycle, or other motor vehicle were careless. Careless is simply another word for negligent, which is defined as failing to do what a reasonable person would do, given a certain set of circumstances. For example, if an individual failed to stop his vehicle at a red light, as a normal person would, he could be considered negligent and responsible for damages. These can include personal injuries caused by his actions for any pain and suffering, permanent injuries, disabilities, or even death.

In order for damages to be sought, an injury need not be physical. Such cases that involve being subjected to extreme emotional distress or verbal abuse may also entitle you to damages. In the case of a death within a family, surviving family members can recover damages through wrongful death laws & litigation.

Although many personal injury cases only involve minor injuries, you may still be entitled to substantial monetary damages. Medical expenses, no matter how small they are, including hospital expenses, medications, personal therapy can be recovered. In addition, in cases of extreme negligence, punitive damages can be recovered to ensure that the conduct is not repeated in the future.

Need legal advice? Contact personal injury lawyers!
LJ Support is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Analyn
Banned
Analyn's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Personal Injury Lawyers

You have made very good points about what things to consider before hiring a Personal Injury Attorney. I have always believed that prior to hiring the service of these Lawyers, the client should have done well with his assignments of doing research about the capabilities of that attorney to help her win her case.
Analyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
KarenG
Banned User

Is there a listing or rating system that clients can look up to see how their lawyer ranks among his/her peers? I'm looking for a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer but don't know how to check their history. It would be easy to have a ranking system available to check or a claim history.
KarenG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #4
GaryHorgan
Banned User

Before hiring a personal injury lawyer you should do some research. Check from many years he is working in this field. How many cases he won. Check the reviews of people about him.
GaryHorgan is offline   Reply With Quote