Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Internet Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
Mr. Questionman

Default Remember You can not delete your Google AdWords Account.

"You can not delete your Google AdWords Account"
IS THIS ACTUALLY LEGAL THESE DAYS...?!

Quote:
Q: How can I close my google Adwords account?

If you want to close your Google AdWords Account, follow the steps:
  1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
  2. From the My account tab at the top of the page, select Preferences
  3. In the "Account Cancellation" section, click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already canceled or if your user account doesn't have administrative access.
  4. Fill out all the available fields and click Submit Request. This will cancel your account.
Remember You can not delete your Google AdWords Account. You only can CANCEL it and in future if you wish to continue you can re-activate your account at any time.

Quote:
Re: Want to permanently delete my Google adwords account [ New ]

Guy E May 2014
Looks like google screwed up - making it REALLY difficult to do something so simple. Surely under data protection laws if I cancel my account all the details should be deleted. Nobody wants to start creating secondary gmail accounts - that makes NO SENSE. Google what are you thinking of? Is this some kind of scam???

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.c...unt/td-p/10206
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. Wikipedia
(Implementation date: 25 May 2018)

The Data Protection Act 2018 controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government. ... Everyone responsible for using personal data has to follow strict rules called 'data protection principles'. They must make sure the information is: used fairly, lawfully and transparently.
Mr. Questionman is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Remember You can not delete your Google AdWords Account.

You can delete the account in compliance with the terms and conditions provided for setting up the account.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No