|Register||FAQ||Tags||Members List||Social Groups||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read||Layout|
|09-06-2009, 09:45 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Qingdao, China
suggestions on How to find a good supplier from China
I am new to this forum and see many are confused when trading with Chinese Suppliers. As a Chinese has worked in the export field for more than 9 years, I would like to share my experiences.
This thread is mainly focused on how to find good suppliers:
1. A good supplier should established at least 5 years ago and have export/import business for at least 3 years.
2. Employee in the factory should be more than 100.
3. Better find suppliers from Eastern China-provinces such as Shandong, Zhengjiang, Fujian, Guangdong. Those provinces are more developed and understand what customers need better.
4. Search the factory on GOOGLE and visit its website-if there are too many flashes, you have to re-consider before start cooperating-websites are for to show their products and help clients find the required information at the easiest way, not to show how good they can design the site.
5. Check the factory is private or state-owned, I suggest cooperate with private factories.
6. Send the factory samples and ask them produce accordingly-find as many problems as possible after receiving samples-NEVER say “your sample is great!” at the very beginning.
7. If possible and you are willing to, visit the factory and see the workshop, dining room and washing room. A good factory treat workers comperatively good (compared with factories in China).
8. Talk with the one speak English from factory and ask he/she several questions: how many employees, how many equipment, anual turnover and so on. If he/she can reply immediately, this person can help on export handling.
9. Tell the supplier what you need in details, Chinese suppliers can supplier products at any prices-if you want good quality, you MUST tell directly. And visit the factory before loading the first container-find problems with products and reject, then you would not need fly to China everytime before shipping date, come in the next 3 months and then 6 months.
10. To double insure products can finish before cancel date and quality, better find a local representative help you.
Chinese culture is very different from western countries, above are few suggestions but I wish can help.
Leon, from Qingdao, China, 10 years export experience, reliable QC, good English and Chinese. MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: leonyu0532, Email: email@example.com, Business website: www.grandcrowncn.com (sourcing service), personal website: www.ileonyu.com (Tips on trading with Chinese, to know Leon BETTER!)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How can you find a reliable supplier in China||responsy||Doing Business in China||90||04-08-2018 08:51 AM|
|How to find a supplier (preferably a manufacturer) in China and avoid scammers||gzcd||Doing Business in China||2||10-06-2014 04:45 AM|
|Trying to find someone who has successfully bought tablets from a legit supplier||ffroffices||Doing Business in China||3||06-19-2013 10:06 AM|
|We need to find a supplier for solar panels||Unregistered||Business Contracts and Partnerships||2||10-20-2010 09:11 PM|
|Problem with supplier -- Bank of China, accounts in England and China||Unregistered||Doing Business in China||11||06-16-2009 02:48 AM|