Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 01:48 AM   #1
deepthi

Default Date of birth at identity proof and actual DOB at birth certificate different

Sir,

I am from Kerala.My actual date of birth is 12/02/1991 and my Birth certificate also bears the same DOB 12/02/91.But the Dob in my SSLC certificate is 30/05/1991 so that all the other valuable identification documents of me like Aadhar card,Voters ID,Transfer certificate,Driving licence etc bears the DOB 30/05/1991.
I want to take passport.But the change in DOB may cause problems.What should I do?Shall I able to change the DOB in all the documents to the correct DOB of Birth certificate?Does it take long time?Is it required for me to change the DOB in all the documents?
Another problem is I used to apply for jobs with the DOB 30/05/1991.I am now qualified for a government job.If I change my DOB to the actual one,does it affect my interview and joining process?
Please advice me an immediate solution for all my queries as early as possible.

Thanks
deepthi is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-20-2014, 02:47 AM   #2
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Date of birth at identity proof and actual DOB at birth certificate different

Having voluntarily used the wrong date to obtain more official documents I would say you are going to likely need court orders to correct the records, if you convince the court you are not 1 of 2 brothers who died.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2014, 04:53 AM   #3
deepthi

Default Re: Date of birth at identity proof and actual DOB at birth certificate different

Thanks
deepthi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

Since you are born after 26/01/1989, to apply for passport, you are mandatorily supposed to submit Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths and not the School Leaving Certificate. Hence, the DOB in passport will be 12/02/91. However, you can change to correct DOB in SSLC Certificate by applying to Exam Authority (Pareeksha Bhavan). You can download the application from Pareeksha Bhavan website. After downloading the form you need to fill correct details of student/applicants whose date of birth is to be corrected, fill correct Date of birth, State whether the present application is within 15 (fifteen) years from the date of leaving the School or appearing the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) Examination etc. You should submit the documents for evidence of correct DOB certificate (where the original date of birth certificate should be enclosed) and attested copy of original date of birth certificate. Anyways you can apply for passport using your Birth Certificate which carries the correct DOB.
I encourage you to have a full consultation with a competent attorney to evaluate the options fully.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2019, 04:48 AM   #5
larajj
larajj's Flag is: United States

Contact board office for correction of DOB and produce your actual DOB(Birth certificate).
Yes, you should change DOB from all of your documents. It is a better option for you.
Thanks.
Corbin Treacy
larajj is offline   Reply With Quote