Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > International Law Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Default Injustice. How can I get the police's help to investigate a wronged case?

I’m a former student in university located in Taxes. Someone sent threatening emails to the university in my name. The university did not contact me or verify the identity of the sender before expelling me from the university. This person later sent me fraud emails in the name of school official and got my home address. Later the university found this person but this person told them I persuaded him to do so. The university believed this person and stopped the investigation. The university refuses to investigate the source of the threatening emails and say that it is sure that I sent those threatening emails. The university refuses to provide me any related information or any proof supporting their conclusion including the name of this person. I’m an international student and I think the university wants to play this down by just expelling this person and me. I called the local police but they told me since I’m not living in the city right now they can’t look into this matter. I reported this to the school police department but they are apparently biased. The school police even induced me to try to let me confess. Now as long as someone could restart the investigation and examine the source of the threatening emails or make a face to face confrontation between this person and me then I can prove my innocence. But I don’t know how I can get someone investigate this and whom should I ask for. Please give me suggestions. Thank you.
gard is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Top Level Member
AFFA's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,058
Default re: Injustice. How can I get the police's help to investigate a wronged case?

I wish to inform you that it is duty of police where crime has been committed to investigate the matter. In this regard college police could have investigated the matter. If school police is not performing the duties as required under law then you can report matter to IC3 as well as FBI. As regards e-mail sent against you a complaint with IC3 can be filed as it deals with online crimes. A complaint with FBI can be filed if you feel that police is not probing matter properly.

AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 802 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Better Way To Investigate Police Killings? WSJ Law Blog Law News 1 12-03-2014 10:00 PM
Injustice and wrong: I witnessed a child support case in Tennessee Unregistered Child Custody and Support 10 08-01-2014 11:16 PM
Paris prosecutor to investigate new Strauss-Kahn case (Reuters) Yahoo! News International Law News 0 07-08-2011 04:10 AM
NY prosecutors investigate police sodomy allegation (Reuters) Yahoo! News Crimes and Trials News 0 10-24-2008 06:10 PM
Injustice Distressed Mom Child Custody and Support 3 03-19-2008 07:23 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2019 by