Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions and Defective Products

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: Neopets class action lawsuit -- canceled account, terms of service dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My account was frozen after I visited a user shop with a cookie grabber. I filled out all the forms and sent them in and got some scripted responses saying I did not have enough information to be sure it was my account. I knew the email addresses associated with the account, the password, pets created/adopted. More than enough to substantiate it was my account. I had bought neocash through paypal and my name and email address matched and everything. I offered to scan my driver's liscence and send it in. No reponse. I tried replying to the scripted answers and they ignored them all. I tried sending in the forms again and was no longer answered at all. I spent over $475.00 on neocash and was a premium member paying the yearly fee for 3 years. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they ignored it.
I'm in the same exact situation as you It's BS how they can freeze you apparently for your own safety and then refuse to give your account back! I've spend tons on NC. This is so unfair! I hate them!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
Unregistered

Default Re: Neopets class action lawsuit -- canceled account, terms of service dispute

I think due to many complaints against Neopets, the lawyers here have an investigation ongoing and may help file an action with the Attorney General offices, as a class action.

What did the BBB say about all of that? Neopets never responded at all?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #13
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Neopets class action lawsuit -- canceled account, terms of service dispute

I would like to participate in this, please. My email is affectionateanarchy@gmail.com. Thanks!!!
My complaint is on the BBB review page.
Also:
Serai got their homepage at Neopets.com

Old 08-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #14
Unregistered

I also have had My account frozen "for the users protection" after I unknowingly went into a shop that was obvioulsy a cookie grabbers shop, and its been 2 weeks now. It took them less than 12hrs to freeze My account after I notified them that I had been scammed but I have yet to receive an email back from them about getting My account back. I canceled My premium member ship because of this and I spent hundreds, possibly even thousands of dollars in on neocash for this site. They do nothing but use their customers and dont care an inkling about how they treat them. I think the next step for people who have been screwed by them is to start complaining and writing emails to their sponsors. Im sure that companies that sponsor them wouldnt want to be associated with such treatment as what they give their customers. I hope that this site is shut down and that the people running it are run right into bankruptcy.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
Moonismyname

Tch.
They froze my account too, I'd like in on this.
My email is MoonFlower6547@aol.com.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #16
Unregistered

Hi, I was unjustly frozen as well. My account was nearly 10 years old and I've been paying for Premium since its inception. I submitted a ticket, certain that this would be straightened out, but I've received two canned responses, basically blowing me off. The Neopets Team claim that I was "buying neopoints from a scammer" and that they have proof, yet they refuse to produce it. I am an adult, not a child. I play Neopets while my son is napping, never would I have a reason to cheat. The idea is absurd. This site has gone way downhill since Viacom bought it out.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #17
Unregistered

Oh and my email is urchingrey@gmail.com

Thanks

Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #18
Unregistered

Viacom scam!! I agree.
I quit long ago. They still owe me 745 dollars.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #19
Unregistered

Re: Neopets class action lawsuit -- canceled account, terms of service dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I was unjustly frozen as well. My account was nearly 10 years old and I've been paying for Premium since its inception. I submitted a ticket, certain that this would be straightened out, but I've received two canned responses, basically blowing me off. The Neopets Team claim that I was "buying neopoints from a scammer" and that they have proof, yet they refuse to produce it. I am an adult, not a child. I play Neopets while my son is napping, never would I have a reason to cheat. The idea is absurd. This site has gone way downhill since Viacom bought it out.
I have the same problem. I bought neopoints from a site that said they were legitimately earned and that they were safe to buy. I haven't seen anywhere that says this is not okay on neopets. My account of nearly 5 years was frozen 2 days ago. I should have researched more but I don't think that I should have been frozen. I've emailed them explaining the issue and that they could remove anything that came from my purchase (even though I paid good money for it). I've spent at least a couple of thousand dollars on KQ and NC items. In the very least we should be able to get these back!
I would like to be added to this lawsuit!

Old 09-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #20
Unregistered

They froze me too. Still waiting to hear why???